My humble review of the SL TT-2L

sheltot

Newly Enlightened
A while back, I posted a request for recommendations for a light to use on the job site. Here's the thread.

Since then, I've aquired a few lights. An A2 (I couldn't resist), two Streamlight TT-2L's and a G2Z which sits beside my pistol. No, I'm not addicted.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Anyway, I was called out to help correct a few problems with an elevator under construction. This particular unit is in a single, tight shaft. I decided to take one of the Streamlights. It was a real joy to use. One of the other engineers had forgotten his MiniMag on the first day and asked to borrow my light. I didn't say a word, wanting to see his reaction. He was completely blown away. On subsequent days, even when he did have the MM, several times, he asked to borrow mine as he found the both the intensity and throw insufficient.

As much as I like my A2, I find the SL superior for my job site usage. Most times I needed the light, I had a tool or something in my other hand and it would have been awkward to twist the tail cap for the constant on; which is needed because a lot of the time, you're changing hand positions to find the best comfort, etc. The click on/off of the SL is more handy even though half the time, it wasn't in the mode I wanted and had to cycle through to get it. Mr. MM-user noted the same thing but he didn't gripe about the mode issue. I guess I'm just picky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd love to see a "click" tail cap for the A2.

I'd really like to find a Ripoff's C0-153 as seen here. Does anybody know a good supplier?

Also, when I got home, I checked the battery voltage and it was 2.95 VDC/battery. At what voltage do these units start to crap out? I'd estimate that it was on for a total of about 90 minutes combined LED/incandescent modes, with the incandescent being the more often used.

Thanks,
Tony

Ratus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sheltot said:
...I checked the battery voltage and it was 2.95 VDC/battery. At what voltage do these units start to crap out?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not volts its "amps" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Testing 123s

Hope this helps./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
That TT-2L beats the pants off of expensive Surefire A2 for $29. I like My SF L6 but it was EXPENSIVE. Get a spare Xenon bulb for it- thay like all incan's burn bulbs if you use them a lot. SL TT-2L is the BEST per dollar light I own and look at the pile at bottom. L6 is best performer though.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!
My Lights: *** http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/NikolaTesla/Nikola_lights2_001