RIP Sean Connery

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Bond that all other Bond characters will be compared, one opinion. Red October may have been his best performance, one opinion. One (slightly faulty?) remembered quote from a different movie, "Never bring a knife to a gun fight"

StuGatz

Enlightened
Pushed on to 90 years of age. Class act...

iu

iu

James-Bond-star-Sean-Connery-on-his-tattoos-2361393.webp

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Liked him in Highlander, good in the Rock, Rising Sun, Robin and Marion, First Knight, and Indiana Jones.

ledbetter

Enlightened
Don't forget "A Bridge Too Far"; IMO the best cast in movie history.
That's a good one too. One of the many successful big budget WW II epics with ensemble casts that came out in the 60's & 70's like The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge, The Devil's Brigade, Catch-22, Kelly's Heroes, I forget any? Liked them all. Don't know why Sean Connery didn't work more after the Bond movies. Personal choice? The stuff he was in was mostly small roles but interesting and got your attention like Highlander and Red October.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
6 Bond movies (and an extra one not authorized, Never Say Never Again)
Also Time Bandits, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Avengers (not Marvel), a voice part in DragonHeart, Entrapment, The Great Train Robbery, League of Extraordinary People, Medicine Man, Meteor, Murder on the Orient Express, Zardoz

You can take it I'm sort of a Fan of his those are movies in my meager collection.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Sean Connery had an incredible talent of being the character, not just playing one, and being very believable at that.
He pulled you into whoever he was at the time & took you to another place.

I'll most remember him in The Hunt for Red October,, just classic Connery in a classic movie (30 years ago now)