Olight H2R Cutting Out, Reason?

Booga

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I've just been using my Olight H2R headtorch whilst doing yard work, turning it on and off a few times as it was needed, then at one point it would just come on for a split second then cut out when trying to turn it on. It did this about 2 or 3 times then completely died.

I tried another battery and it worked ok. Then tried the original battery that I was using when it cut out and that worked ok too. My Nitecore D2 battery charger said the battery was one bar away from being full so I'm presuming it wasn't a low battery issue.

So what could have been the issue? Any ideas?

Thanks

wilkshire13

Newly Enlightened
Were you going into turbo or just turning on in memory mode?

My Olight Seeker 2 Pro had a habit of going from off to Turbo then immediately turning off and it would do this repeatedly until Olight replaced the battery under warranty.

Their comment was the batteries voltage dropped to low when going into turbo triggering the torch to turn off. The battery was the included one and was fully charged when the issues occured.

Video for demonstration.

Booga

Newly Enlightened
Were you going into turbo or just turning on in memory mode?

My Olight Seeker 2 Pro had a habit of going from off to Turbo then immediately turning off and it would do this repeatedly until Olight replaced the battery under warranty.

Their comment was the batteries voltage dropped to low when going into turbo triggering the torch to turn off. The battery was the included one and was fully charged when the issues occured.
]

I was turning it on in memory mode, I think I was using it on the middle setting but can't be sure, I was just burning some leaves in the yard and wasn't really paying attention. The issue was just like yours in the video.
Interesting to hear Olight replaced the battery and this solved it. Perhaps the battery I was using was having a funny moment even though my charger said it was almost full.

wilkshire13

Newly Enlightened
Just going into memory mode shouldn't be putting to much drain on the battery. See if you can grab some footage of the issue and ask their customer service what they think may be going on.

I know Olight is launching the Perun 2 at Black Friday so if you wanted a replacement they will be on sale.

Deadcell

Newly Enlightened
I had one die, well it works when I give it a smack still. Olight replaced it for me. ( I still have the old one and use it in the garage ) I would take apart the tailcap and clean the threads real good with alcohol. If that does not work then contact Olight.