Happy Halloween 2020

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Trick or Treat

C40-DACE6-1-B3-A-4-C2-D-B1-F7-A10222-F9-FC3-D.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I hate Halloween . I'm so glad its almost over. Well I am glad it gives you all joy . even as a kid my thought process was I could just mow a yard get the money and buy my own candy

ledbetter

Enlightened
It's tough for a lot of kids who can't go out. I know some communities are doing "trunk or treat" with parked cars so that they have some fun. We gave a bag of fun stuff and candy to a neighbor girl who's stuck at home in her costume. I look back at the freedom I had running around at all hours and you got to feel bad for today's generation.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One neighbor was sliding candy through a cracked front door and a wrapping paper tube. lol. We chuckled. Innovative, right?

The grandson said "why did you eat all those M&M's grandpa?" I said "well in about 1971 a really mean person put a razor blade in a candy apple in a place called San Fransisco so ever since then the grown ups are required by the federal government to test at least 10% of the candy to make sure it's not poisoned so if I'm dead tomorrow you'll know not to eat those M&M's your grandma (Mrs Fixer) put in your bucket". He replied "thanks grandpa"……

I did up a "Covid shot JR" dental mask for the occasion
8164350C-73C4-4193-8B1F-87D680743DA8.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I just complemented that first post pic in the other thread, Byk. Trunk-or-Treat was big here this year. A friend and I, with Mrs. Scout's help, handed out candy to about 400 kids on behalf of a motorcycle riding group we belong to. Chilly, but we had a blast.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dressed up as the local neighborhood flashlight addict. R90TS in one hand and GT94 in the other hand and X65 jammed in between my belt and waist, and a quad W2 D4V2 clipped to my pocket and X45 in a holster. Happy Halloween!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Trunk or treat is catching on big-time. When I was a lad a local school did similar and called it Halloween Frolics. They'd have bob for apples, live music and stuff but then one year they just didn't do it anymore.

My friends and I preferred the freedom of roaming around without chaperone supervision so we could explore our abilities to partake in hyjinx like burping and farting. Nothing too crazy, just good clean fun like the 4th graders we were. Today with all the crazy taking place the trunk or treat thing is way more practical.

Good man Scout.