HDS Systems        
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Thread: Corona Virus... the second wave

Default Re: Corona Virus... the second wave

Short of having a logistics expert decide how to dole out the doses I would push doses to the elderly. But at the same time I would open it wide open to anyone wanting. Plenty of people sacrificed to save their fellow man, and these are probably the most eager to get vaccinated.

Plenty of major vectors are being overlooked. I'm in IT, and on a given day I could be at any one of 500+ businesses across town, each one with anywhere from 2-3 employees to hundreds. I expect the same from any person in telcom, office products delivery, vending machines, HVAC service, water delivery, UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc. People in these roles cut across normal isolation bubbles, connecting people that normally would have never contacted each other.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

You would be in 1C in my state TD.
    1B included the pony express folks.

Many are saying "nah, you go ahead of me". I'm still on the fence about what to do when my turn pops up.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    You would be in 1C in my state TD.
    1B included the pony express folks.

Many are saying "nah, you go ahead of me". I'm still on the fence about what to do when my turn pops up.
    The thing that's lacking in the 'tiered rollout' is that _so_ many people are NOT taking the vaccine. To me, this more or less destroys the distribution model/goal.

Overall, we might be better served if our plans were tailored to entice/convince the <insert your choice of word here, any synonym for irresponsible person will do> group to get vaccinated. The willing need no convincing. The unwilling will drag this out and give it time to critically mutate.

It would help if parties that declined the vaccination, would get notification that their insurers would refuse to pay for any subsequent COVID-related health care expenses; that would go a way towards solving a couple of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    It would help if parties that declined the vaccination, would get notification that their insurers would refuse to pay for any subsequent COVID-related health care expenses; that would go a way towards solving a couple of problems.
    Can we include MMR, hep, and other stuff on that list also?

unless the insurance contract contained some sort of clause to the effect "must take all resonable precautions to prevent X, Y or Z..." I`m not sure something like that could be enacted retroactively, pity though, I think it`s a great idea.
    I know there`s a such a charge called "Reckless endangerment", I wonder if there`s a `Wilfull` endangerment as well? I think there should be, and those that refuse to comply be charged with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Alicia View Post
    unless the insurance contract contained some sort of clause to the effect "must take all resonable precautions to prevent X, Y or Z..." I`m not sure something like that could be enacted retroactively, pity though, I think it`s a great idea.
    I know there`s a such a charge called "Reckless endangerment", I wonder if there`s a `Wilfull` endangerment as well? I think there should be, and those that refuse to comply be charged with it.
    Do you believe people that knowingly refuse to stop socializing while infected with other communicable diseases also be charged? The ramifications of such a law would be pretty far reaching.
    Sometimes I wonder if I've purchased my last flashlight.

Even George Orwell himself might say "hmmmm" to that notion.
    Last edited by bykfixer; Today at 03:48 PM.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Easier way is for employers and schools to require vaccinations. No vaccination, no job, and no school. Economic imperative will get nearly everyone to comply.

And where does it go from there? Insurance companies and big companies having all that power?
    Well let's see here Mr JRT, it says here you didn't get your flu stot last year, you're fired". "Your analytics say you've got high trigricerides, you're outta here"……

And tell the families of the 1300+ people who have died from complications of the vaccine "get your shot or you don't get to enter the baseball stadium?"
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

Again, where would it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Do you believe people that knowingly refuse to stop socializing while infected with other communicable diseases also be charged?
    Yes, to knowingly and wilfully endanger others is a crime IMO, just like DUI is even if you haven`t actually hit anyone (yet).

And where does it go from there? Insurance companies and big companies having all that power?
    Well let's see here Mr JRT, it says here you didn't get your flu stot last year, you're fired". "Your analytics say you've got high trigricerides, you're outta here"……

And tell the families of the 1300+ people who have died from complications of the vaccine "get your shot or you don't get to enter the baseball stadium?"

Y'all must not be paying attention... the framework for this is being built already. More than one employer has a no tobacco policy. And I've seen prosecutions for people that knowingly infected others with STDs. And employers that reward weight loss and gym attendance are simply acting against those that do not lose weight or work out.

*Flashaholic*

Why do we always have to assume incrementalism? The vaccine policy could begin and end exactly as I described. Also, lots of jobs, especially for those in health care such as my brother's job, already require flu shots. The legal framework is in place for this. When you become an employee of a company, it's a voluntary relationship where you agree to abide by any rules they set. If you don't like the rules, you're always free to leave and find a place with rules more to your liking. Or start a home-based business where there are no rules at all. Here at least the reasons for pushing people to get vaccinated have to do with public health. That's actually a very valid reason.

1381 deaths after 76 million doses isn't a horrible number. In fact, some number of those people may have died from other causes not related to the vaccine. That's why each case of death needs to be thoroughly investigated. There may be a certain set of health conditions which places some people at unacceptable risk if they get vaccinated. I'm fine giving those people a waiver. It's such a small number that doing so won't prevent reaching eventual herd immunity. We've given waivers from vaccinations in the past for medical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Y'all must not be paying attention... the framework for this is being built already. More than one employer has a no tobacco policy. And I've seen prosecutions for people that knowingly infected others with STDs. And employers that reward weight loss and gym attendance are simply acting against those that do not lose weight or work out.
    More directly related to the task at hand, good luck enrolling your kid in school without getting them the full course of childhood vaccinations; in many states I don't wanna isn't good enough for an exemption.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Freedom of action doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    More directly related to the task at hand, good luck enrolling your kid in school without getting them the full course of childhood vaccinations; in many states I don't wanna isn't good enough for an exemption.
    The biggest legal impediment is that the FDA issued an EMERGENCY use exception. Good luck getting c-19 shots being required past your corporate legal dept. The reality is that there would be a revolt in the population as a whole as vaccine hesitancy is so stupidly high. There would be a flood of people asking their GP to issue an exemption.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526