The Fenix-Store        
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus... the second wave

Default Re: Corona Virus... the second wave

Awww man! Very sad to hear. Hang in there...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

turbodog,
    Sorry to hear that she hasn't recovered.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

A little over a year ago at the annual Christmas gathering my siblings and I were discussing what if that new virus in China hits America. How bad would it be by July. We pondered that it may be the last one we had for a time until "the new Spanish flu" got contained. We laid out a sorta plan in case it was as bad as the Spanish flu. We did not gather this year. We spoke of not gathering for up to three years waiting on things to settle down.

We discussed how America would blame each other and how politicians would use it as a tool. How the news would make things out to be the sky has fallen. How a mask debate would pit neighbor against neighbor as paranoia took hold. Basically we understood how the Spanish flu had laid waste to the global population until it finally didn't between 1916 and 1920. When I read posts in this thread I imagine the same type of conversations and conjecture took place a bit over 100 years ago but instead of it being through electronic medium not available at the time it was more town hall type of settings or op-ed columns in news papers. They did a lot wrong back then. And simply put we're doing a lot wrong this time.

However in the big picture life will resume at some point. And my family will gather again at Christmas. Hopefully all will be there at that time who were there in 019.
    John 3:16

I am sorry to hear this Turbo. I'm keeping her in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    I am sorry to hear this Turbo. I'm keeping her in my thoughts.
    Thanks, but at this point...

I only met her a few times. The brother in law and I are fairly tight, but I don't see her funeral being attended by me and mine. It's been a rough 5 weeks or so. You want daily updates/improvement and it comes slowly. Doctor said covid recovery is measured in weeks, not days.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Unenlightened

Yes, our office has switched back to remote work via an employee tracking app. I cannot condemn the decision of the authorities to reinforce the precautions, the situation is getting worse.
    Last edited by scout24; 01-06-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Pulmonology doc said lungs would never recover. Life support removed. She passed ~90 mins later. This was yesterday. Doubt there w/ be much of a funeral.

Slavikyc- I removed the unnecessary link in your post, a description of what it was is preferred. Thanks!

We reached 4,100 deaths in the US yesterday. Stay safe out there. Things are getting worse.

Shots here for 80+. 70+ next week or the following. Initial trials were phenomenal, but the damn thing better work!
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    We reached 4,100 deaths in the US yesterday. Stay safe out there. Things are getting worse.
    German casualties on D-Day have been estimated at 4,000 to 9,000 men. Allied casualties were documented for at least 10,000, with 4,414 confirmed dead.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    German casualties on D-Day have been estimated at 4,000 to 9,000 men. Allied casualties were documented for at least 10,000, with 4,414 confirmed dead.
    In Hiroshima there were 50000 - 60000 civilians killed in one second.... guess war is a bad compare compare for everything. At all ... "Death is the winner in any war."
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Back on track please, folks.

Does anyone here have a handle on what the story is regarding the dissemination of the vaccine?

One one hand its been said that there is a shortage of people qualified to inject people.
    And on the other it is said that Biden wants to delay giving the second dose so that more people can get the first dose.

Is the problem a shortage of vaccine? Or a shortage of manpower? A shortage of facilities? I'm confused.

Does anyone here have a handle on what the story is regarding the dissemination of the vaccine?

One one hand its been said that there is a shortage of people qualified to inject people.
    And on the other it is said that Biden wants to delay giving the second dose so that more people can get the first dose.

Is the problem a shortage of vaccine? Or a shortage of manpower? A shortage of facilities? I'm confused.
    I don’t understand. Ballad health is one of the absolute crappiest healthcare companies in the US snd they have had no problems getting the vaccine administered to workers. They have certain days set up that each group goes at different facilities. My wife just had her second dose and so did several hundred others. If those idiots can pull it off I’m sure anyone else should be able to. The shortage makes no sense. I think it is all just “news filler” as much of the stories that have changed a million times are.

At first it was “we found extra doses!” Then it was shortage of manpower (in ballads case they hired back some of the people THEY LAID OFF for the pandemic. Then it was we don’t have enough for the first round of vaccines. Then it was delay the dosing. Then it was some state up north couldn’t acquire the dosing they needed to give to their prisoners since they were put first on the list. I’m tired of the “news”.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Flashaholic*

BB I've completely cut power to my tv. No news is good news imo

Ya know I'm feeling a whole lot better since..

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post

I stopped watching it nearly 3 years ago too, it does make a difference!
    especially since I learned from the inside that they put up 17 bad news articles for every 1 good one because it`s the ratio that seems to sell the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Alicia View Post
    I stopped watching it nearly 3 years ago too, it does make a difference!
    especially since I learned from the inside that they put up 17 bad news articles for every 1 good one because it`s the ratio that seems to sell the best!

"If it bleeds it leads." It's an old cynical saying in news circles but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post

TV news is pretty horrible. I've made a point not to watch it most of my adult life.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

What's this stuff called 'news' y'all are speaking about?

But to answer the question... the rollout I have seen: Where it's AVAILABLE it's great. Drive through, roll down window, stick out arm, and done. But these places are booked solid, not staffed for very many hours, and closed all weekend.

People, the virus works 24x7x365, you need to also! Argh!

Moderna vaccines have arrived.

I think the cold chain is an issue. I can't say for sure, but it's an informed guess based on what I know about lack of -100F freezer availability.

I'm hoping the j&j version will be the game changer, only needs fridge temps and 1 single dose.

*Flashaholic*

I thinking why don't they just do this with mobile vaccination vans? Inform people on a block what day the van will be there. Most people can go to the van to get vaccinations. Those who are immobile, like my mother, could probably have the workers vaccinate her in the house, or outside on the stoop. Then they come by 3 weeks later to give the second doses to everyone who got the first dose.

Drive though only works if you have a car, a driver's license, and are physically able to drive. That misses many elderly people who are in most need of getting vaccinated.
    Last edited by jtr1962; 01-10-2021 at 06:07 PM.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    TV news is pretty horrible. I've made a point not to watch it most of my adult life.
    I watch it just in case there's something that might affect me. This week was obviously an overflow of nothing but horrible, depressing news. In fact, most of 2020 was that way. So much for me thinking when I rang in 2020 that a new decade was starting and maybe things will finally change for the better.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    I think the cold chain is an issue. I can't say for sure, but it's an informed guess based on what I know about lack of -100F freezer availability.
    This is one thing that has taken me by surprise. I was under the impression that most hospitals and university research labs already had ultralow temperature freezers. My guess is the primary problem is in transit from the manufacturer to the distribution point.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr1962 View Post
    This is one thing that has taken me by surprise. I was under the impression that most hospitals and university research labs already had ultralow temperature freezers. My guess is the primary problem is in transit from the manufacturer to the distribution point.
    Don't think that's a problem. UPS & Fedex both have special cold chain capability, and the dry ice for the initial transit is not a problem.

Those freezers are not as common as you think. Mfg is swamped with orders... we can't build ourselves out of this shortage.

Trying to vaccinate 200 million in the USA alone is a heck of a task.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr1962 View Post
    And that is my point.
    You are intelligent, and pay attention to detail, and yet you are only guessing!

Why are you guessing? Because by way of the media, WE have NOT been told what the problem is.

And that is my point.
    You are intelligent, and pay attention to detail, and yet you are only guessing!

Why are you guessing? Because by way of the media, WE have NOT been told what the problem is.
    Public health people have probably never studied a vaccine rollout where there was 1) such troublesome cold chain requirements and 2) so MANY people refuse to take the vaccine.

Your state health dept would be the place to find information. Beyond that... walgreens/cvs are due to get moderna, so your local pharmacy might know something on ETA.

Several of my family is in healthcare and were not slated to get it till later, but got it almost immediately due to vaccine refusals.

am i the only one who think co2 will be in high demand?
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Yes. CO2 is a aplenty; in fact we’re actively trying to find ways to get rid of it.

isnt c02 how we ship the vacinne?
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast