Corona Science

ledbetter

Enlightened
I was hoping the latest COVID thread would be more about verifiable information and science but it looks like it's going to devolve into more chat about media, religion, politics, and freedoms stated in the Constitution. Not that those aren't important topics, but they are a problem on this forum.

I have learned quite a bit from some posts that share valuable information gleaned from all the sources out there, and some from their own scientific findings. Hopefully this thread will focus on these contributions.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... it looks like it's going to devolve into more chat about media, religion, politics, and freedoms stated in the Constitution....

No, it won't.

I'm not sure we need multiple corona threads running here on CPF, as they require more staff time and effort to moderate than the rest of the forum combined.

We'll have to see how this one goes and leave it here for now, but please understand that it may get merged / closed / moved, depending on how the discussion(s) proceed.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At first I was geeking out on the science part but after the waters got real muddy I lost interest.

But I would love to read about what has been learned over the last several months since so many great scientific institutions have been playing a part.

Did they ever determine the minimum and maximum temperatures the virus lives and at what humidity range. Last I read they had determined it survived temperature ranges and humidity that kills influenza. But I don't recall if they had determined the ranges.

Once folks in the community understood those ranges for example during the early AIDS epidemic it was easy to understand how to better care for loved ones without fear of contracting it, but it was determined the HIV was way more fragile than this new corona virus.

Anyway here's hoping this one stays on the "science" rails.

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Maybe the mods can repost some of the scientific information contained in the coronavirus threads if the forum software allows. Those threads have a lot of noise but also a lot of good information.

markr6

Flashaholic
My disposable mask is so clogged with covid after 2 weeks that nothing is getting through!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
2020 marked the year the seasonal flu was cured or at least that people did not catch it.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My kid hasn't been sick since they closed daycare in March.

Knocks on wood even though it's a scientific thread.