300+ lumen bulb for Tad's e-series adapter, do they exist?

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very much into e-series beam lately. I use mostly e2e with a Tad's adapter and his 3712/3718 bulbs.

But I d like to have a much brighter bulb as well. I like lumens factory 350lm one, have one, but these are pretty expensive.

I am aware of 1499 but they are gone

I am aware of mag 5/6D but they are ~200lm and I want more.

Any ideas?

325addict

Enlightened
I'm afraid you will need a larger host for that. Fivemega once made D26 dropins in which the famous WA bulbs could be used. Here, you can easily surpass 700 Lumens from a Surefire C3 Centurion host.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid you will need a lerger host for that. Fivemega once made D26 dropins in which the famous WA bulbs could be used. Here, you can easily surpass 700 Lumens from a Surefire C3 Centurion host.

I have this sunlight module by fm and plenty of g4 bulbs, but the beam it produces is much narrower than that from a very shallow e2e head.

There are 350 lm bulbs for elite series by LumensFactory, and I have one, but they are just too expensive

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
fivemega sells his FM1794, which is a G2 sized lamp, I believe, a bipin, which I use in Tad Customs M socket, which takes the same lamp size as his E socket. It is not a good fit, the lamp is a little small for the socket and the bipins need to be trimmed, but it can be made to work and focused in an E reflector for 1000Lm on two Li-ion cells, though probably requires McGizmo's alteration to the Elite head, basically moving the lens and bezel away from the socket so this halogen lamp will fit (McGizmo details this Elite head mod at his site with photos). A better solution may be fivemega's host for that FM1794, but still, you can stick it in a Tad Custom's E socket and run it in an E2e if you nondestructively modify the Elite head, and for, I would think, brief periods of 1000Lm. Probably safer to run with 18350 as opposed to 16340, but if you have decent IMR16340, they should be able to safely handle the current, and you may see 10 minutes of runtime with them.

Last edited: