Malkoff aa and 2xaa body and head question

klip88

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mdc aa and 2xaa bodies and stock heads... can I throw on a higher voltage head of higher powered batteries fit? And if so which ones fit !

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You can put anything but the T models in a VME head. "M91T for example " and use 14500 batteries if you want. Run time won't be great tho.

klip88

Newly Enlightened
Thank you thermal guy I'm brand new to the hobby although a long time user obv lol... I want more brightness for shorter walks/hikes and want to experiment with brightness but also don't want to ruin a 100 dollar light... btw I've read a lot of your posts thanks for your knowledge

klip88

Newly Enlightened
Also if anyone has any configurations that work well for them on either platform I'd love to hear !

ledbetter

Enlightened
If your malkoff head says 3.2v max then you can only use a single primary/cr123 battery so get an e body to match. Otherwise 2 aa batteries. A 4.2 v head can use any single li-ion battery. Don't use a 14500 with a 3.2 head, you'll destroy it. Malkoff website has lots of info.

klip88

Newly Enlightened
I guess I was more trying to ascertain successful configurations with battery and heads that people have had using the aa body or 2xaa body I should've just bought a md3 but I was sort of ignorant when I decided I wanted a quality light and not Chinese crap i had for a few years

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ok well best you can do is get whatever high power drop in you want put it in that VME head and a couple 14500 and your good to go. But just remember 14500 will not give you full power for as long as say 18650's or 16650's. But they will get you by till you grab a MD3.