recommend me a holster?

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one that came with my Sunwayman V11R has finally fallen apart, I need something to just hold it on my belt. Is there anything premade that will fit this light and work well? I am sad that the V11R itself seems to be discontinued as it seems to be a near perfect EDC at least for me.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried to just clip it to your belt without a holster? It's what I sometimes do. The whole point of such a small light with a clip is to not need a holster. Or is there some specific reason you cannot just clip it to your pocket or belt? Just preference?

I would recommend clipping it to your belt if you haven't tried it yet. It's much more accessible and convenient in my opinion. If you liked the holster that came with the light fine, then there are lots of generic holsters just like it which are sold on eBay and amazon under all kinds of names. I cant really recommend a specific brand since I tend to prefer a different style and the holsters I use are all are for lights much bigger.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried to just clip it to your belt without a holster? It's what I sometimes do. The whole point of such a small light with a clip is to not need a holster. Or is there some specific reason you cannot just clip it to your pocket or belt? Just preference?

I would recommend clipping it to your belt if you haven't tried it yet. It's much more accessible and convenient in my opinion. If you liked the holster that came with the light fine, then there are lots of generic holsters just like it which are sold on eBay and amazon under all kinds of names. I cant really recommend a specific brand since I tend to prefer a different style and the holsters I use are all are for lights much bigger.

I don't trust it not to pop out of the clip, or not to come off my belt whereas the holster is a sewn loop... is that not a real consideration in real world use? I have actually had pocketknives that I carry in my right front pocket get snagged on seatbelts, chair armrests, etc. and fortunately I have not actually lost one yet.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Dan with Thor's Custom Leather will create anything you want and it will last forever. Best holster you can buy, in my opinion.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan with Thor's Custom Leather will create anything you want and it will last forever. Best holster you can buy, in my opinion.

I'd actually thought of that; now we're getting into the territory of "while I'm spending that much money I might as well buy that high-CRI HDS I've had my eye on..."

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to your local army surplus store and take the light with you. I've found several holsters for lights and never paid more than a few bucks

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to your local army surplus store and take the light with you. I've found several holsters for lights and never paid more than a few bucks

This is a good idea although local surplus stores are getting sparse. The last one in my area went under a couple years ago.

Regardless, both maxpedition and condor make some fairly robust pouches. I've used them for light and multi tools with great success. If fact the old Alice pistol mag pouch works pretty well, too. Especially if you are running one of those nylon riggers belts.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

Same thing goes for a police supply store. The last one I visited had baskets full of discontinued holsters at clearance prices and I bought a few.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same thing goes for a police supply store. The last one I visited had baskets full of discontinued holsters at clearance prices and I bought a few.

Hmm. Don't know of a good surplus store convenient to me, but there is a 5.11 sort of close, that's not a bad idea

drizler

Newly Enlightened
They do make something generic called a BIG LUG. I bought one for lugging saws and nail guns around on ladders framing. It works for me You just hook the clip on your belt and hang the little ball bungee in the receptical on the clip. Definitely not professional looking but it adapts to any tool you can wrap the bungee around.
I never dumped a drill driver from the roof with mine but I sure have with a real holster The beauty of big lug is easy on off with no safety clip. That's great for constant nail gun fun on a ladder.