In 2000 one of the first commercially multiple 5mm LED flshlights covered in rubber

Mikemartinez2012

Newly Enlightened
Hi i wonder if you all can help me. Back when i as training for CBP in 2000, the Academy was offering us to buy at a discounted price a brand new type of multiple LED flashlight that was covered in rubber i think and was waterproof. We all were amazed at it. They dunked it in water and it still worked hours later.I believe it took C or D. It was a big light. I wish i could remember at least the name but i do remember what it looked like. Smaller than a 3D size Maglight.
Thank you all.

Mikemartinez2012

Newly Enlightened
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. for some weird reason i was dreaming about this light and me being shown this light and my time at the academy. As im getting older my mind is remembering old stuff and in my dreams.

maxx44

Newly Enlightened
Mikemartinez2012, I also had Lightwave 4000 for long 5 years of use, but then it's got accidently damaged, too bad. Talking of which, recently, few weeks ago, I could discover this awesome resource - lumenbulb.net with pretty nice flashlights. What can you say, about model Streamlight 88065 Pro Tac HL-X 1000 lumen Professional tactical flashlight ? Is it reliable enough?

Last edited: