• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen XXI Giveaway

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Prize: Sky Lumen XXI SBT90.2 5700K DL CuHS DriverVN4 or Mystery Light

What to Post:

1. What's the best & worst events in 2020?
  2. Pick a number from 1-5400
  3. Share a picture to pick an extra number entry.

You may use https://imgur.com/upload to upload your image

You can also play and not participate in the drawing
Random.org will be used to draw 1 number from 1-5400. Whose's ever is closest win.
Must own at least 1 of my lights to participate.
Free shipping USA
I reserve the right to change rules and prize anytime I want
I have full control over the giveaway

Start Date: Now
End Date: TBD

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
54 and 2750

Best event was I found out in time that my mother and father were going to lose their home (for some reason they didn't ask me for help when they got behind I understand but at the same time I don't understand.) I was able to give them a substantial amount of money to pay off their debt and keep themselves out of debt for several months. I just had to cut back on guns and flashlights and knives more than usual. So the good thing was they kept their home!

Worst event has to be the spread of COVID and the way it was politicized. There has never been a more trying time in my short lifetime and instead of The Country coming together to work on solutions the two main political parties spent months fighting instead of helping us all out.

https://postimg.cc/w7n1wHQC

Thanks vinh!!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not gonna play, because I can't post 1b on this forum, and 1b(2) and 1b(3) are too emotional for me to post. I feel that 1b(x) as x approaches infinity are too emotional for me to post.

The best thing: Well, I can't post Good News about the forbidden R------- topic here, either. So, that leaves

1a(2): That would have to do with flashlights, of course. My vote goes to multiple SBT90.2 lights, extra large, large, medium and small.

Good Son bigburely912! Way to go man!!! :twothumbs

I'm not going to enter due to feeling lucky and very much not needing another flashlight. Thanks, vinh for reminding me how fortunate I am.

~ CG

Andrew82

Newly Enlightened
Best event - all the extra time I got to spend with my family during all the lockdowns.
Worst event - my grandmother passing away due to covid19.
Number - 1800.

Sos24

Enlightened
I'll play, but will reverse a and b, because they are somewhat related

The worst event was finding out that my brother has ALS.

The best event was spending a week with family, including my brother. Because of COVID, my planned visits with family were postponed. When I found out about my brother, I had to find a way. Because of travel restrictions, due to COVID, I couldn't go to family without 2 weeks quarantining and my family couldn't visit me where I live. The traveling wasn't ideal, but did have the benefit of few distractions and not being pulled in other directions. It was one of the best visits I had with family in a few years due to all the quality time together.
A piece of artwork by my brother.

55eecf68b47acb670e1bd63a09b98cfc.jpg

Number: 31 and 3124

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.a Worst- The unbelievable division and anger that has been driving into far too many American people against one another, and the massive disservice (an understatement) our current media outlets are doing to the average person. I really hope (and mostly believe) that we can keep ourselves together long enough to all figure out and enact together the reality that none of our political leaders have ever or will ever care about US and the world WE live in. What makes the American Ride so unbelievably fantastic is the fact that we are from all over the world, all over the spectrum of ideologies, mantras, creeds, that can all assemble as ONE and live as ONE. We are loosing this discussion, and certainly the current way technology and media wield or provide this ability is abysmal at best and deliberately divisive at worst.

Best- The best thing that has happened to me, I would say, is nothing. I guess I should start by saying that I got married this year, submitted all the applications for my wife's green card, bought my first house, all amazing and arduous milestones (understating the marriage here for a bit of comedic effect.... ;) ). Alone, each can define a year, take up a period of months, and they all effectively overlapped. I'm just barely on the tail end of it now, working through the new and big dealings with a household.

But remember, I said the BEST thing nothing. Because through all this craziness, really nothing has happened to me. My job is stable, in fact the company I work for is doing amazingly well, exceeding our large projections and hopes for last year. I still come into the office each day, just minus 99% of other employees. My favorite little coffee shop has remained open though practicing strict healthy procedures. My job is secure, I play a crucial role, they love me, and for what I do I'm a friggen bargain. Having a stable job, having maintained good credit, have been the main driving factors in my ability to prove to USCIS that my wife can indeed be supported by me. Having a stable job, and one that is treating me well (*cough*) has permitted me to obtain a mortgage and my first house, our first house, and finally a place that most importantly my wife can finally have as hers, which she has not had for over 2 years since leaving her home country.

2. 1311 and 4545

3. Two of my favorite Fiat Lux lights beamshots, on a tall pine outside my childhood home that unfortunately has since fallen in one of our last wind storms, It's a good 75' tall and I'm probably about 75' away. Tx25C2vn Black Flat and D1Svn Black Flat left to right. A few more shots here.
35cxum7.jpg

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really aim for the heart when you go for these giveaways.

The best thing was my wife and I celebrated our anniversary and in spite of the fact it was a small gathering, we had unbelievable food, and the jokes were flying which really made for an outstanding gathering. We let off steam, my mother in law started crying because we're still married AND happy, unlike her other children. Then my sister in law started crying. Then both the granddaughters started crying. I splashed water in my eyes and pretended I was crying. My wife's cousin was crying somewhere along the way and I looked at her husband working the grill and HE WAS CRYING!!! I yelled [emoji33] omg, I'm not crying, it's water. He said without skipping a beat, I'm crying because of the smoke from the grill. We knew he was lying because his voice cracked. Everyone bursts out laughing.

The worst was my oldest son died in may without me getting a chance to reconnect to him. I was reaching out for him last year and he was too busy for me so i gave him his space.

522 is my first pick.
1105 is my second because we have a new addition to the family

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1605115010.547393.jpg

And he's just so amusing

tex.proud

Enlightened
Best - Found new job during Covid
Worst - Covid
Number - 2170 and 3000

Pic of my most recently purchased light. ZL SC700d

xl.jpg

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best- got a promotion at work.
Worst- Not being able to see family and friends. Was not able to throw a big party for my daughter's one year old Birthday.
Most of everyone missed her growing up, Kiana is currently 14 months old.
Number- #999, 3338

On my daughters one year old birthday, I opened a bag of chips...
5-DC392-A8-AE2-C-43-E6-B0-DC-941723-DA90-A0.png

Patriot

Flashaholic
Awesome! Thanks Vinh!

Best: Being furloughed in March and then being blessed with a new job in June... in the middle of the COVID mess.

Worst: The human response/reaction to COVID, along with the weaponization and politicization of COVID.

Number: 222

I just have to post a picture of my newest V54 light, the KR1vn90, along with some of its friends..
7tOx8Rw.jpg

daffy

Enlightened
Best is a personal one- having my disorders properly diagnosed and treated, close second is being a flashaholic.

Worst- homo sapiens proving how selfish and stupid they can be in a pandemic.
12 and 1967

SLN 012 quad
B9h5K1R.jpg

12 and 1967

Enlightened
1. What's the best & worst events in 2020?

Best: I have my first kid on the way
Worst: Work setbacks because of covid / the economy. Stressful times all around.

2. Pick a number from 1-5400

Share a picture to pick an extra number entry.

#s 4000 & 4999 :thumbsup:

Cheers and thanks

CD2-A2-D07-DB42-4221-A87-E-C14-AEBA446-AF.jpg

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Best Thing: Operation Warpspeed, (gives me great hope...)

Worst thing: Lockdowns.

1118 please!

Last edited: