Need a flashlight recommendation for work. I'm all over the place!

Solheim

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
I'd like to buy online and have it delivered by mail.

2) Budget:
Up to $100, i can stretch to ~120 if it's worth it.

3) Format:
Handheld flashlight, large enough to fit into the side pocket of work pants (approx 25cm max length). I'm sometimes outside in the mornings due to work and the days are getting dark.

4) Size:
Up to 25cm

5) Emitter/Light source:
LED

6) Manufacturer:
I just want something reliable, preferably an established brand with a good customer service reputation.

7) What power source do you want to use?
Easily rechargable batteries. Something with good runtime while at high power.

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option
Micro-usb, Type-C or the likes to the batteries and USB in the other end so i can use my current chargers. Wall socket type can become a challenge when ordering internationally so i'd rather stick to the usb stuff.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).
I'd like one with variety, say 15-50-150-250-500-1000 type of thing.
Several steps with one crazy mode that's mostly for fun but might actually be useful one day.
Would be nice if it remembered the last mode i was on. I'd prefer to get one without a strobe function as i've literally never had to use it in my entire life and it's just annoying.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.
I'd very much like it to be adjustable so i can change between flood and throw. If that's too much for ask for i'd go for a narrow flood. (projects a fair distance but lights a trail up well.)

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)
Minimum is a mode that reaches 30-50m. I don't mind it being capable of going way, way longer (500m+++). The further the better.

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).
I'm able to charge it every day. A runtime of 60-90+ mins on a medium-high mode is preferable.

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
Important. I climb, crawl, jump, ascend, descend all day every day at work. It's bound to fall out of my pocket or accidentally get dropped onto concrete or asphalt from around 2m up and i'd prefer if it could withstand that.

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):
Anything i can identify without looking and while having freezing cold fingers. I guess i'd prefer one that sticks a little out and not a flat one that's the same height as the metal on the flashlight itself.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
I'd like multiple light levels. I'd prefer to NOT have a strobe function but i guess it can be hard to avoid.

14)Material/Finish/Coating
Any kind of metal. Knurling or some sort of grip enhancing texture or funtion is required. Would be nice if it either came with or has the option of applying a lanyard/rope type of thing so i can put it around my wrist in case i accidentally drop it.

15) Water resistance

Minimum IPX4, i'll be using it in pouring rain. IPX7+ would be very nice to have but isn't absolutely required.

16) Storage conditions
I'll be having it in my side pocket in my work-pants, which i always wear at work, at all times.

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.
I'm indifferent about clips. I don't mind if it has one or not.
Would be nice with a wrist lanyard or the option to put one on myself.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you seem to have left it pretty wide open. My first though is something like a streamlight HL-X but your choices are almost limitless.

I just ordered a Sofirn if25a with integral charger, but can't vouch for it yet.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wander around the malkoffdevices.com website. They're built like battleships in the USA. They have a real lifetime warranty and when you phone or email, the guy that replies is the person who makes the lights. the site has something for everyone and a light from the will last you for many many years.
P

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also recommend the Streamlight Protac HL5-X, just under 25cm, has 10 tap programming, can be purchased with Streamlights own 18650's which have usb charging or buy it with CR123's and buy your own higher capacity 18650's.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a Sofirn SP32A V2 and like it but I'm not sure you would like a side switch. It has hidden Turbo and Strobe modes and can also be set up for variable output too. It comes with a lanyard.

desertrunner

Banned
The Pelican 5050r is extreme heavy duty, USB rechargeable and has a REAL LIFETIME WARRANTY. It fits your bill.

Pelican-5050R-Rechargeable-Adjustable-Focus-Flashlight_2.jpg