16.5 lens kit same as 22.3?

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I got my MD2 M61 light yesterday and it has a 22.3 head. Is that normal now? I also ordered a 16.5 lens kit in the same order, and the bag says 16.5 lens kit, but it is the same size as the 22.3 lens.

I guess the lenses and gaskets are the same size. But if that is the case why have a option for different sizes on Malkoff's site?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
How do you like it😁

Looking at his site it looks like his complete flashlights are coming with the bigger ID opening.

Last edited:

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I like it more than I expected the tint is very nice.

Are there different size lenses or gaskets? They look the same to me. I'm confused. Called Gene but no answer 4 PM on Friday I'm sure he is busy.

Tonight I will take it into the woods for proper testing.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
lenses Are the same size the gaskets were/are different sizes but he changes things around from time to time so not sure what the current ones are

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I checked and the lenses and gaskets look identical to me in size. So I will give him a call Monday.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I remember talking to Todd I think is was, and he explained how one will fit one head but the other lens or gasket doesn't work for the other head well.

It just makes no sense for the website to offer 16.5 and 22.3 if there is no difference in them.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The 22.3 gasket will fit and work in both heads. The 16.5 gasket " if he even makes them anymore " would not work in the 22.3 as it's a smaller ID diameter and will block some of the light if used in a 22.3 head. If memory serves.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
The 22.3 gasket will fit and work in both heads. The 16.5 gasket " if he even makes them anymore " would not work in the 22.3 as it's a smaller ID diameter and will block some of the light if used in a 22.3 head. If memory serves.

Thanks that sounds good.