Thermal Max? Astrolux EC01

andygold

Newly Enlightened
I've had my EC01 since they first came out. With that said, A friend recently saw mine and ordered two for himself. I want to help him set up the light, but I don't remember what I set the Thermal Max to. I know how to set the current temp and Max temp, but I don't remember what would be considered a safe Max temp before the circuit starts to ramp down. So if anyone can chime in as to what is considered a safe max. I saw one video where the user suggested 65°C, but I wasn't sure if that was a good number of of that was too high.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
3 fast clicks from Off will take you to the "blinkies" keep double clicking until you come to Temp check (it`s after Beacon), then do 4 fast clicks (the light will flicker) when the light stops flickering, click 21 times if your room is 21c or 24 times if it`s 24c etc...
when that`s done the light will flicker fast (now you can enter the max temp) click 20 times if you want 50c 30 times if you want 60c etc... it`s you max temp -30 (it`s like they did the first 30 for you already).
see if you can download the Anduril UI Diagram, it`ll help lots! ;)

andygold

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the prompt reply, but it didn't answer my question. I know exactly how to do the settings, as stated above. I'm quite familiar with Anduril. The question is...what is considered a safe MAX setting? Is 65°C (149°F) safe? Should I go higher, lower??? I want him to get the longest runtime on turbo before it starts to ramp down... But I also don't want to set the Max too high where it damages the emitter out possibly circuitry. Thing is, I can't go back in to my light and check what I have mine set at. (You CAN check the room temp setting, but not the Max setting).

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
oh ok sorry, I set mine to 50c (it`s too hot to hold anyway then), 65c could damage the led because it will be Much hotter than the 65c you feel on the outside, all 6 of my anduril lights are set to 50c.