Looking for advice on older custom flashlight parts

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mean you can of course make it into something, I am sure it is a fantastic host. I see two things there, the maglite and the fivemega, are you looking for advice on both? Matt @ Adventure Sport makes a really nice upgrade for maglites. As for the fivemega, how is that carrier wired, 3S4P? I am not overly familiar on those lights, but in general all LED flashlights are basically driver + LED and you can always swap out those.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with static. Fivemega and adventure sports are still active here and can make just about any mag sing

Charon

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the delayed reply. I thought I had notifications turned on but did not and just thought nobody had replied to the message :p
Anyhow, for the items in there I searched through my history to find the full information on them

The mag light is a "Mac's Torch" But no functional battery pack :( I got ripped off on that one when buying.
The one large 5mega is "Red Elephant II Option "C" with a full battery pack, it does not have any bulb or wiring in it. Its just the body and batteries
One of the heads is "The Colossus" but it was bored out to be able to fit a larger incan at the time. And it left some scratches on the reflector when that was done.
Other head is 2.5" Throwmaster

Ill take a look into some of the drop in or matts work. But when I see cree xhp70.2 lights (of super questionable quality, I have to research these some more) I wonder how functional upgrading these would be. Or pack them away again until something catches my eye. It feels like selling them won't be of much value, if I can find some decent parts to make them functional/complete lights that may be the way to go.