21700, P42A Vs. 40T for lower drain?

nitebrite

Enlightened
I was wondering if you folks think I should run a P42A or 40T in my T27vn? vinh recommends a 40T. According to mooch the P42A outperforms the 40T handily. Especially in medium drain devices. I have been running a 40T in it. I just got some P42A's. I honestly could not tell a difference. So someone would have to tell me which to use. Of course I like to use whichever is better if I have both. Even if I don't notice. Please don't say it it is stupid if I can't tell or whatever. This is not some big deal. Thank you

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is HKJ's test results comparing the two. As you can see, the Monicel has more staying power near the end of the cycle. But, the Samsung has less voltage drop at the begining, making it initially brighter for minute anyway.

Thanks to HKJ. We would be lost in the battery jungle without him!
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php
06e0dc3a9f4ab1eeeaddb4dd96b5796f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nitebrite

Enlightened
I decided I prefer the P42A in it. Since I got one of vinh's "wild" units I actually can tell a difference. It is probably not fair to call my particular light "low draw". It is an sbt90 at about 6000lm and 2600m. The P42A was brighter than the 40T. Which suggests it is pulling many amps. I did not stick around for runtime. This is pretty impressive for it's size though. I am guessing the P42A runs longer in it too.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Just an update to this. I did not see that you included a link to the comparator. The light I am using them in draws a constant 5 Amps. The P42 is superior all the way around at 5 Amp draw. Then the 40T. No wonder I enjoyed the performance more. Thank you