• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product - NITECORE TINI 2 500 Lumen USB Rechargeable Keychain Light

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NITECORE TINI 2 Rechargeable Keychain Light

500 lumens max output​

5 brightness levels​

OLED display to show brightness, battery level, etc.​

Built-in 280mAh USB-C rechargeable battery via USB-C Port

Now taking pre-orders! Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15%​

Now taking pre-orders! Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15%

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
I've had the Tini2 for a few nights now and I really like it. Small, bright, levels, read outs, and easy recharging. The clip makes it easy to put it on an off the keychain. I also ordered it with the charging cable, USB A to C, and it works with the Apple phone adapters.

Agpp

Enlightened
I got my TINI2.
First impressions:
* wow, it's bright
* it barely heats up at turbo which makes me think that the thermal path is quite bad
* it's quite throwy
* it came fully charged which is very unhealthy for the cell
* what is the self discharge? The manual says that I should recharge it every quarter of keeping it in storage. Sounds *very* bad. And may explain why they fully charged it in the factory.
* seems significantly thicker than TINI1. I guess that's because of Type C. I think it's a worthwhile compromise.
* the back side with all those writings is ugly
* TINI1 UI was terrible and made me hate that light. TINI2 is a big step in the right direction but there are still many things that I dislike
** it is a bit complex for my liking. It's funny because Andruil (even streamlined) is even more complex but I don't dislike it. It may be because I view TINI2 interface as one-time gimmick and I viewed Andruil as something to last (though there's Andruil2 now...).
** instead of auto-lock it has auto-unlock :FACEPALM:
** direct access to turbo from lockout1? Useless. And harmful because there's a risk of accidental blinding. Direct access to moon like in Andruil would be great.
** lockout2 takes 3 seconds. Quite long but may be OK. lockout1 is faster. I find lockout 1 less useful but being faster matters a lot for EDC so I will try using this one at first.
** unlocking takes about 2 seconds. I think it's OK.
** I don't like mode memory. I find a configurable default mode much better.
** display is cute but I *hate* how they waste my time on showing a brand rather than something useful. That's very disrespectful and I think I will be looking at the displayed information much less than I could because of this.
** no battery check when the light is on?
** unless I look at the display, there's no visual indication that the light is locked. After I stop using the light I'd rather continue with my stuff rather than dumbly stare at the display.
* I wonder whether LED swap would be possible. I'd love something warm and high CRI in it.
* No blockers, it will surely become my next EDC. I'll see if it will last there for long.

If TINI3 improves as much as TINI2 did it will be a very good light.

Last edited: