Recommend me a high cri headlamp

torchestonight

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!
I'm looking for a new headlamp. It's for general use around the garden, walks at night, and some camping.
I want (in order of preference):
  • 4000k, high cri, and nice tint
  • comfortable headband and balanced light (ok to have the battery on the back if it makes it more comfortable)
  • decent runtime at 200-300lm
  • nice beam: not too floody/not too spotty, properly illuminating the area a few metres in front of me
  • max brightness of up to 1000lm would be nice
I don't mind what battery as long as its comfortable. I have other 18650 lights.

Thanks!

Lumens>Drugs

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!
I'm looking for a new headlamp. It's for general use around the garden, walks at night, and some camping.
  • comfortable headband and balanced light (ok to have the battery on the back if it makes it more comfortable)
  • nice beam: not too floody/not too spotty, properly illuminating the area a few metres in front of me
I don't mind what battery as long as its comfortable. I have other 18650 lights.

Thanks!

I've been using the Fenix HL-55 for a couple years now. It literally goes on my head when I get home from work. (Night shifter) Works with button or flat top 18650's. It has all the features you request and you will not be disappointed!

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted similar specs to what you list. I have been very happy with my armytek wizard pro warm with the xhp50. They don't list it as high cri but there is a member who has tested a lot of their lineup and found this model to be about 85cri. Pretty happy, great tint and looks even better than85cri.

I'd look at the zebralight options as well. Well made with a wonderful UI.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

Thanks!

Zebralight H600c mkIV.

One of my favorite lights of all time, favorite headlamp of all time. It works just dandy up close because lets face it, XHP50 + small reflector = lots of flood, and works great for walking around the woods or hiking/ biking as the non-"F" floody beam has slightly more punch to see "a bit further down trail".

It's super light, regularly forget it is on my head. Efficiency is stellar, particularly around 100-400 lumens, and it's incredibly well built.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dot, I have been on fence for the H600d (5000k) for a while now. Not sure if H600c is better indoors for close up work?

Opinions appreciated :)

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H600c mkIV.

One of my favorite lights of all time, favorite headlamp of all time. It works just dandy up close because lets face it, XHP50 + small reflector = lots of flood, and works great for walking around the woods or hiking/ biking as the non-"F" floody beam has slightly more punch to see "a bit further down trail".

It's super light, regularly forget it is on my head. Efficiency is stellar, particularly around 100-400 lumens, and it's incredibly well built.

How's the headband mount? I have an OLD h-something with the XRE and a single AA twisty. Phenomenal headlamp for its time but always a little loose on the headband. Moved a bit while running.

torchestonight

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the Fenix HL-55 for a couple years now. It literally goes on my head when I get home from work. (Night shifter) Works with button or flat top 18650's. It has all the features you request and you will not be disappointed!
This looks ok, but it doesn't seem to be high CRI? I do have a couple of other fenix lights that I like, so worth considering.

Sadsack

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight H600c mkIV.