Thoughts on the Olight Marauder 2?

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone looking at picking one of these up? I'm not fan of non user replaceable cells or proprietary cells, but this light caught my eye.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it looks great honestly. Sure cool white, sure proprietary cells, but I think in reality in a light like this with C-to-C charging it's alright. Trying to charge that many large cells (not to be some sort of cop-out) is a PITA anyways, and I guess it's safer and probably much more water resistant as a result.

Overall, looks really impressive. It's big money and more than I'd care to spend on an Olight, but that's not to say it isn't necessarily worth it. Neat features, maybe a bit gimmicky, but I love the lights on the Seeker button, and this is just a MOAR version of that with a rotary switch and funny anus-charger.

I'd buy this over any of the "super"-Imalents any day of the week.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they rushed it for BF sale that they didn't have time to make proper e-switch lo/hi selector. It can be heard on videos, switching sound like on old Maglites.
And aspheric beam looks like cheepo's form Aliexpress. Honestly, total fail.
Acebeam X10 did it much better

Sent from Tapatalk

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they rushed it for BF sale that they didn't have time to make proper e-switch lo/hi selector. It can be heard on videos, switching sound like on old Maglites.
And aspheric beam looks like cheepo's form Aliexpress. Honestly, total fail.
Acebeam X10 did it much better

Sent from Tapatalk

I agree. But there are some great concepts there. I am looking forward to replacement of lo/hi switch by a ramping lo/hi slider.

RCLumens

Enlightened
I like the idea of the immediate switch to throw, but I wish there was a option for having both flood AND throw on at same time as well as separate modes, so perhaps a three position switch/mode system. Flood, throw, both... I think it looks pretty cool though - this said, I've never been a big fan of soda pop lights as far as looks go.

Latest posts