• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Single 21700 battery, 5000 lumens tactical flashlight-Acebeam L35

acebeam

Enlightened

The latest Acebeam L35 Cree XHP70.2 version unboxing review

0057919_l35.jpeg

kolchak

Newly Enlightened
Although I own a couple great Acebeam I am wondering what'd be the market for this light, Law enforcement? With that size head I would rather carry an Emisar D4SV2.

In rethinking I guess the rear clicky makes it different and that its a single 21700. I would be interested in that other LED

Last edited:

kolchak

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm. Das Acebeam scheint mehr Lichtstarke zu haben als die Spezificationen zeigen. Vielen Dank fur die video vergleichung.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up this light and was compared it to a couple I keep near the bedstand or carry for inside and outside general use. I've been wanting an outdoor light that had more throw at lower lumens than my i4000R, and not such as tight a hot spot as my P20i or even my Eagletac D25LC2 MK II (Nichia; noticable defined hot spot and an additional ring within the spill). I was looking for something that had a beam profile that had noticable yet low level flood, with a very smooth transition to the hotspot, basically to evenly light up a pathway or stretch of land out to about 50 yards from my feet to the distant path/road.

I have to say that I am enamored with this light. It's throw at "high" visibly seems about the same as my Nichia D25LC2 MKII on "max", with a wider, diffuse hotspot, and no discernible hotspot "center" or spill rings. It's just a smooth transition from center to edge, which seems to illuminate at my feet with the spill with just a tiny fraction of the hotspot brightness. Outside, walking up a 75 yard cemented path under ice and snow, it was a gradual and steady illumination ahead of me. In comparison, the i4000R lit up everything well in my immediate vicinity, but lost most of it's value at the distances I was heading (at least without resorting to hi or turbo; I don't like judging a light on a turbo stat). The beam was a very smooth transition that didn't attract my attention like the Nichia D25LC2 MKII's hotspot and secondary ring, and the L35 had a MUCH WIDER spill, basically down to my feet when angled almost straight ahead.

The L35 is now designated my go-to, general purpose, non "tactical," outdoor flashlight, displacing my older MH25GT with a diffuser/filter for close in work. I'm hoping the 5m submersible rating stands up to me going outside to check gutters and swales, and downpipes in torrential rain, or even a 5 second accidental drop into a basement window well area that has a clogged drainage pipe... especially because I took the tactical ring off (where two o-rings reside), although I might put it back on in the future because that was the lanyard attachment point. Another plus, is that the shape of the flashlight head and some imaginative looping/knotting of the lanyard near the lanyard ring attachment point let's one use it ala SF Tactician lanyard style usage - my preferred lanyard mounting setup... but not when I'm expecting to use a sidewitch. I also might miss the antiroll feature without the cigar grip/lanyard mount ring.

Indoors, I preferred the floody i4000R (although I prefer the tint and flood of the MH25GT with NC's white 40mm filter/diffuser if I don't need super high lumens indoors for room sizes under 30 feet long). However, the L35 had a better beam pattern for general indoor use when compared to my D25KC2 MKII w/Nichia 219C. Also, indoors the tint of the L35 was better than these two lights, IMO. It was more like letting light in from a window than using an WW or CW LED.

The other thing that blew me away, was the tint of the CREE XHP70.2. I haven't really played around with comparisons of different LED tints perse, but it seemed a more natural tint (less yellow) than my ET w/ 4000K Nichia 219C, and more natural (less white/white) than my i4000R. Next outing I need to check the tint against my MH25GT with a CREE XP-L HI V3, as well as the throw characteristcs of that small/mid size flashlight. I'm rather fond of the MR25GT's tint (even at lower modes and especially when used with a NiteCore 40mm diffuser).

I was impressed enough with the build quality that I tracked down and purchased the discontinued x10 online almost immediately after initially testing the L35 inside and outside with my i4000R and D25LC2 MKII.

Cheule

Newly Enlightened
This light has quickly become one of my favorite lights among my throwers. The tint is a bit green, but if you don't care about that (and you really shouldn't in a thrower), this thing really puts out. A super wide beam compared to all the OSRAM throwers, and a ton of light (5000 lumens).

The ergonomics are just perfect (side eswitch AND turbo clicky? Yes please!) with moonlight available as a shortcut from off.

Truly, every time there is a "which flashlight for the apocalypse" thread I choose this one.