Helmet bike light with self-contained battery and wireless remote

Croog

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

looking for headlamp/helmet light to be in pair with my primary bike light on handlebar (Gaciron v9d-1600).

Usage: MTB trail riding

Main requirements:
- integrated battery / internally rechargeable via USB
- wireless remote compatibility (ideally ANT or Bluetooth)

Other requirements:
-
>400lm continuous output
- weight with battery under 150g
- single strap headlamp or any other format attachable to bike helmet
- Wide Throw
- waterproof
- memory for last used mode
- any price

Does anyone know about some light which meets those requirements?

(I am thinking about building my own remote control which will control more lights, either by wireless or cable, with single push...)

daffy

Enlightened
Exposure Diablo MK11 but has no remote you just tap the light or near it to change modes.
I use the older MK10 but almost the same light on my helmet, massive flood but still has acceptable throw.

Croog

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip daffy! Yep, was looking on this light, but still will be happier to find some with control from handlebar.

How does the TAP feature works when riding on rough terrain? Is it reliable?

Croog

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, seems like they are doing also version of similar light with BT remote - Exposure Lights Diablo SYNC MK2 .

Ok, then there is such product.. but the price. :grin2: Also, I would not use included helmet mount, I don't think it would be safe during crash. And it is also currently unavailable.

If somebody know some cheaper alternative with lower lm output, please do share!

Last edited:

Croog

Newly Enlightened
Even Lupine doesn't have combination of lights&batt in the same package together with remote compatibility.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Even Lupine doesn't have combination of lights&batt in the same package together with remote compatibility.

You are 100% correct... but you CAN stick the battery pack on the back side of the helmet. (making battery swaps very easy)

As for remote control, they do offer that via their bluetooth switch and through their app.

Cheers.

daffy

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip daffy! Yep, was looking on this light, but still will be happier to find some with control from handlebar.

How does the TAP feature works when riding on rough terrain? Is it reliable?
Needs a deliberate hit or tap, i only ride gravel at the worst but i use the helmet with this light for my DT Thunder as well (all my PEV actually i have 3).

daffy

Enlightened
Interesting, seems like they are doing also version of similar light with BT remote - Exposure Lights Diablo SYNC MK2 .

Ok, then there is such product.. but the price. :grin2: Also, I would not use included helmet mount, I don't think it would be safe during crash. And it is also currently unavailable.

If somebody know some cheaper alternative with lower lm output, please do share!
Yes the plastic mount that came with my light was crap, kept coming loose then after a few helmet drops it broke.
I zip tie the light now it quite rugged.