Curious

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering if there was a special word in use to describe the noise that six heavy flashlights make when you knock them off your bedside table at two o'clock in the morning.

Having done this on two consecutive nights now, my wife has used words to describe me that I didn't realise she knew.

I'm in the doghouse. Usually this is because I've spent too much money on my various hobbies (she calls them fetishes...) but apparently, disturbing the lady's beauty sleep is not really approved of[emoji54]

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

dougndena

Newly Enlightened
You need a curio cabinet like I've seen other mass qty collectors show on here.
At least limit the bedside qty of light providers.
If not, your spouse may prominently start collecting/displaying HER collection of battery using devices. :whistle:

ledbetter

Enlightened
You need a curio cabinet like I've seen other mass qty collectors show on here.
At least limit the bedside qty of light providers.
If not, your spouse may prominently start collecting/displaying HER collection of battery using devices. :whistle:

LOL!! The wife may be right, many large phallic shaped battery operated objects bedside is a little fetishistic. Me, I keep something warm and high cri for mood and romantic lighting bedside and keep something higher power in a drawer for any bumps in the night. Maybe that was fetishized as well? Oh well, we all love our toys!

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
4b80e51856678f9a60d449d54efbd350.gif

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I must admit that being woken up in the middle of the night is either going to earn you verbal abuse or get you pepper sprayed! I`m great during the day and happy from the moment I wake up (naturaly) but forcibly being woken is dangerous! LOL
Fortunately my partner tolerates my flashlight hobby quite well and even takes a slight interest sometimes and is forever borrowing them (and has even figured out a few UIs!) so I`m grateful for that, But I`m in a heap of trouble if the Strobe mode comes on by accident on any of them and she`s about!

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had 2 wives that were direct opposites of one another, but they had one thing in common- they got an attitude with me when I woke them up.
The first one paid me back not long after she died.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I revised this post to get back on the subject.

I feel for you OP. I know you already felt bad about your lights falling and then your wife getting angry just adds to it.
Maybe just keep one or 2 by your bedside- a low lumen one for nighttime bathroom trips and a high lumen one for quick home home invasion defence. Maybe use velcro on your night table/stand to attach something that will cradle your lights so they won't be easy to knock off. Good luck with that. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

As far as calling your hobby a fetish, I think that is a little over the top unless your hobby is too obsessive and takes affection away from her.
Now my lights are purdy and they make me feel good, but so does my wife. Sometimes though my wife causes me to feel like jumping in a lake even though I don't know how to swim.

Last edited: