Acebeam        

Thread: Curious

Flashaholic

Default Curious

I was just wondering if there was a special word in use to describe the noise that six heavy flashlights make when you knock them off your bedside table at two o'clock in the morning.

Having done this on two consecutive nights now, my wife has used words to describe me that I didn't realise she knew.

I'm in the doghouse. Usually this is because I've spent too much money on my various hobbies (she calls them fetishes...) but apparently, disturbing the lady's beauty sleep is not really approved of

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Shine on, shine a light on me. Like a glittering prize I saw you upon a clear day.

Default Re: Curious

Thud?

Perhaps lay a small throw rug under that table? Or………
    Quit knocking your flashlights over?

Best of luck. The dog house is chilly this time of year.
    John 3:16

A low rumble, a metallic squink, a galonk, someone crying out "Dear...." -
    https://youtu.be/_ok7SpbRhbA

Was I close in my description?
    Last edited by LeanBurn; 11-20-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

Crash! I keep mine laying down. In a leather valet tray.

You need a curio cabinet like I’ve seen other mass qty collectors show on here.
    At least limit the bedside qty of light providers.
    If not, your spouse may prominently start collecting/displaying HER collection of battery using devices.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dougndena View Post
    You need a curio cabinet like I’ve seen other mass qty collectors show on here.
    At least limit the bedside qty of light providers.
    If not, your spouse may prominently start collecting/displaying HER collection of battery using devices.
    LOL!! The wife may be right, many large phallic shaped battery operated objects bedside is a little fetishistic. Me, I keep something warm and high cri for mood and romantic lighting bedside and keep something higher power in a drawer for any bumps in the night. Maybe that was fetishized as well? Oh well, we all love our toys!

I must admit that being woken up in the middle of the night is either going to earn you verbal abuse or get you pepper sprayed! I`m great during the day and happy from the moment I wake up (naturaly) but forcibly being woken is dangerous! LOL
    Fortunately my partner tolerates my flashlight hobby quite well and even takes a slight interest sometimes and is forever borrowing them (and has even figured out a few UIs!) so I`m grateful for that, But I`m in a heap of trouble if the Strobe mode comes on by accident on any of them and she`s about!

I've had 2 wives that were direct opposites of one another, but they had one thing in common- they got an attitude with me when I woke them up.
    The first one paid me back not long after she died.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by greenpondmike View Post
    The first one paid me back not long after she died.
    Those are the worst ones for sure
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

I revised this post to get back on the subject.

I feel for you OP. I know you already felt bad about your lights falling and then your wife getting angry just adds to it.
    Maybe just keep one or 2 by your bedside- a low lumen one for nighttime bathroom trips and a high lumen one for quick home home invasion defence. Maybe use velcro on your night table/stand to attach something that will cradle your lights so they won't be easy to knock off. Good luck with that. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

As far as calling your hobby a fetish, I think that is a little over the top unless your hobby is too obsessive and takes affection away from her.
    Now my lights are purdy and they make me feel good, but so does my wife. Sometimes though my wife causes me to feel like jumping in a lake even though I don't know how to swim.
    Last edited by greenpondmike; 11-26-2020 at 09:31 AM.