Affordable Tripled?

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had any other input on affordable triple led lights, Ive got the Lumintop ECD18 and a wicked modded E1e but the EDC18 is a bit bulky for my taste. I know there is the FW3A as well but it reminds me too much of my HDS. So are there any other decent ~$60 tripled out there that may use a carclo lens and are great out of the box? Just looking for another beater/Jeep light Appreciate any input!

thx cpf,
Harry

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't seem to get a lot of love on this site but what about the Sofirn IF25a?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always go old school with triple 5mm LED mods for minimags LOL...super affordable emergency beaters

While it's definitely not the direction of the OP, replacing a minimag incan bulb with a nichia GS 5mm led did result in a month of useable output running some 1900mah NIMH cells when I tested it a few years back. Definaitely one of my go-to TEOTWAWKI lights.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP already has an EDC18, but wants something that's a bit less bulky (smaller) that's around $50.

IF25, Astrolux S41, and Lumintop FW21 are all bulkier than an EDC18. Also the FW21 is no longer available unless you can find it used somewhere. I don't think they are what the OP is looking for.

My recommendations:
1. Acebeam TK16. It's very small and is in the right price range. It is slimmer than an EDC 18. However, it runs on a smaller battery so will have less runtime than the EDC18.
2. Get an 18350 tube for your EDC18 and run it on an 11 mAh 18350. This will make your EDC18 much shorter and lighter, but it will still be just as wide.
3. If you want more battery life another option is a Lumintop FW3A. Order the optional 18500 tube for it and run it on a 2200 mAh Vapcell 18500. Total cost will be over the $50 you're looking for though.

Latest posts