NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Warmer LED for NEBO Classic?

Default Warmer LED for NEBO Classic?

Hey, I don’t know much about flashlights, but I just got a NEBO Classic, I love it, I really like that it’s more of a floodlight. The only problem I have with it is that it’s more of a modern cool white light. A warmer LED would fit the “Classic” feel a lot better. My questions are:
    1. Which bulb would work in the flashlight? I want one 3000k or warmer.
    2. How do I take it apart and put in the new bulb without completely destroying the light? Here is some pics of the light disassembled (not mine) https://m.imgur.com/a/ol1s8h2

I would appreciate any help and advice.. wish I knew more about lights

Default Re: Warmer LED for NEBO Classic?

1 depends on 2, won't know what LED is in there or if a swap is practical till someone shows one of these being non-destructively taken apart. I can't tell much from the fuzzy photos, but the LED is sufficiently obscured to avoid identification for me. Probably the route to attack would be to remove the diffuser and whatever lens is sitting on top of it. Once under there the LED and its board should be visible.

I've been loosely interested in one of these as well, but the lack of a warm CCT emitter is pretty jarring in such a classic looking piece.

Default Re: Warmer LED for NEBO Classic?

😅😬 ok I guess I might have to be the guinea pig.. Everywhere I have seen people talking about these lifhts they WANT to put in a warmer bulb but I have not seen anyone who has actually done it :/ So i guess my question is.. typically is this something that is really easy to break or mess up? If it’s something that I can do with pretty good chance of success i will but I would rather not mess with it if Im going to break it