Aw batteries still around?

switchoff

Newly Enlightened
Aw batteries were my go to brand years ago. Doing a quick search now, I'm having a hard time finding them for sale. Where can they be found?
Thanks!

nbp

Flashaholic
They're out of business. Look around at some of the other preferred li-ions instead.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw batteries were my go to brand years ago. Doing a quick search now, I'm having a hard time finding them for sale. Where can they be found?
Thanks!

There is one place, I bought 6 18650 and 20 16340 there. They are just old, some specimens have capacity is also 10-15% lower than the nominal. But the price is good.
https://vaportorg.ru/products-page/akkumulyatory/akkumulyatory-18650-18500-18350/

Taking into account the price, you can buy a lot of them and use them calmly, it is even cheaper than cr123. Of all the batteries that I had, the most tenacious - Olight IMR 550 mah.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything AW that you find now is most probably 3 years stale.

AW never made batteries, he just rewrapped them and/or culled the smaller 16340 cells for the best of the bunch, which were made in China.

Chris

Last edited:

1996alnl2

Newly Enlightened
I have many brands of rechargeable batteries, i find the KeepPower brand to pack the most punch.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an FYI: AW's factory was wiped out several years ago by flooding. I don't even know where he was located. Hong Kong?