Please be careful outdoors in rural areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been reports of people being killed by what authorities would call an unknown creature, unknown k-9 or a pack of wild dogs. These are violent attacks and some of the people were partially eaten.
I hope most of you are aware of the missing 411 books and podcasts out there that tell of many people going mysteriously missing without a trace in and around national and state parks and many are never found. I know that a lot of you enjoy your flashlights at night around the woods and nature.
Please be aware of your surroundings- if you get that "feeling" (of being watched and/or unwelcome-like you should leave now), if everything goes quiet, if you hear a limb or twig snap not too far away, etc, it's best to leave and maybe come back another day (or night).
The fellow that is behind those books never mentions what he thinks the culprit is and wisely so seeing there may be many different things or reasons for these disappearances. He just wants people to know what's going on because all this is being covered up by the media and national park authorities.
A lot of the missing were wearing bright clothing and red is the worst. Most were alone, but sometimes two would go missing. Also sometimes in a group hike the last one in line would go missing.
Please don't take my word for it and I'm not promoting the books either. There are a lot of youtube videos on the subject and a lot of stuff you can read free online. Just take a little time and check them out and make up your own minds and be careful around woods even if they are near your home.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
David Paulides, the only man who can make people think that because two woman fall off cliffs years apart and each have three letters and an A in their name that they were eaten by Bigfoot.

No offense to you OP but this guy has made many many questionable claims for years. His books are intriguing but most of it is much ado about nothing. Some aren't even strange or coincidental but he tries to paint them that way.

I also don't like the fact that he tried to trash Steph Young and called her a rip-off of HIS work when she had been investigating paranormal before him. I guess I'm biased. I just don't like the dude.

Also, if it survives what I pack in the woods it deserves to eat me. [emoji16]

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kinda post is this? Sounds superstitious to me. I go in the woods at night all by myself and im here today. Only be afraid of other humans.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kinda post is this? Sounds superstitious to me. I go in the woods at night all by myself and im here today. Only be afraid of other humans.

David Paulides is the guy that had all of the Bigfoot dna tested by one independent lab and got mad when people told him to let other labs test it. He has a book series where he "investigates" missing hiker type cases and most of the cases he writes up just for book filler and it's obvious. However there are some that are quite odd.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
David Paulides is the guy that had all of the Bigfoot dna tested by one independent lab and got mad when people told him to let other labs test it. He has a book series where he "investigates" missing hiker type cases and most of the cases he writes up just for book filler and it's obvious. However there are some that are quite odd.
Ah so OP is just referencing this guy?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh this brings back memories when I did a 30 mile bike ride solo in the Angeles crest mountains. It was 15 miles up to about 4000 ft on a trail with 15ft shrubs and trees literally no one around. Hearing noises in the trees and the sense of being watched was not uncommon during the ride particularly with being in black bear and cougar territory. I remember leaving the house at 7am, finished the ride at 8pm. It was a brutal ride and definitely some hairy moments including a washed out road at the peak and sunset nearing, I had to climb across the washed out road towing my bike on my shoulder and holding onto tree limbs to get myself across. Doing stuff like this is the basic requirements for missing people :) fortunately mother nature decided she was full for that day.

wweiss

Enlightened
What do I fear the most? Ignorance. And tripping over my own feet to no good end. Hence the lights.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of david pl. and I'm NOT trying to say something with feet is gonna grab ya. I also like Steph Young and many others like her. Superstitious? What's up with that trailhunter? I just want to plant a seed of carefulness into your mind so you will be aware of your surroundings.
The first part about people being killed and partially eaten is no reference to those books at all. Now onto the books....despite the man's questionable character and maybe the fact that he is probably making money by telling about people's misfortune- are the stories true?
Out there in the woods, how many times do you look over your shoulder while walking? Even my dad taught me to do that often. He also saw something in the back yard one night that really rattled him. He took that to his grave and I believe if it was a bigfoot he would have told me.
He is where I got a lot of my inspiration to be a night owl because he almost always stayed up late to see who was coming onto our property. He was on disability since I was 13 or 14, so he could devote time to do that and sleep most of the morning.
Whatever he saw changed that. I'm persistent, but I NEVER got it out of him.
I have read stuff on reddit, but don't believe everything I read there. Some of stuff on youtube are copies of the fake reddit nosleep section. I read and listen to a lot of stuff including people in person who will tell me stuff. I've had my own experiences (which you might of thought I've already wrote here in another thread, but you're wrong). I believe I almost became one of the missing....1 or 2 feet more. If I only stepped my cocky self into the treeline I wouldn't be on here now.

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
My oh My how things have changed, when I was young and you went down to the woods, the only Big Surprise you might chance upon was Teddy bears having a picnic!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

People need more time on social media and less time camping, hiking, getting fresh air, and understanding their environment.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a world wide caution? My "rural" is wide open spaces with wheat fields. I seen a skunk a couple of times. There is already enough fear in the world right now.

Come on, man!

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, things have changed, Katherine. Some people I believe are credible are giving warning and maybe it is scare propaganda, but it pays to be safe and aware- not like I used to be when someone would tell me about the snake I just walked over because I was careless and wasn't looking.

Yes, it's worldwide.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy the outdoors- just be cautious and don't let your kids out of your sight. In a way I think certain people in power want to make us all run to the city and live there through scare tactics, but on the other hand.....

I've heard that if everything goes quiet outside a predictor is near.

Trailblaser, sorry if my earlier reply was kind of hateful. My dad used to get these bad feelings sometimes before I would go off rambling, hunting or riding my dirt bike. It would make me so mad because his "bad feeling" would stay with me and spoil my good time. I got to the point where I would stop him in mid sentence lest he jinxed the rest of the day. Even if I stopped him I knew what he was going to say and I may as well stay home.
Now I'm married to a woman that is part Cherokee, part Blackfoot and part Irish and she gets these premonitions that will come true if I don't pray and use caution. She saw me wreck my ford pickup a week before I did and she saw someone walking away from my vehicle in a vision and I didn't take heed and my gun got stolen. Long story, but I got it back. I could get mad about her premonitions and have, but whenever I did it was to my own hurt.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i only fear humans im terrified of most humans i dont know. ps i play with my lights way in the woods at night i only get scared if i here trucks from the road

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The person is too limited physically and mentally to fully control the situation around. There is danger everywhere, no matter what the location is - a city or a deep forest. The only thing that can help is to write a will in advance and be careful, well, in any case, there will be some satisfaction in the incident that you did everything you could.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree raggie33. There used to be two families in my area back in the 70s and 80s and they would gang up on you. If you messed with one of them you messed with all of them.
A fellow slept with one of their wives and he was at the green latern bar when one of them called him outside all friendly like. Well, they doused him with gas and set him on fire and one of them had a rifle and told everyone not to help the fellow (who done took off running down the road on fire). He died and they got away with the murder. This traumatized my father in law that witnessed this in person. He told my wife before he passed on. I guess he felt guilty because he didn't help the fellow or tell the authorities. Some are dead now and one or two are in jail, but some are still around and their sons- which are more mellow I think, but I don't care to find out for sure.
Oh, by the way, they used to like to get drunk and go out onto rural dirt roads and hang out places. I think I'd rather be eaten by a critter than to rile one of those guys.

Edit: Come to think of it I did rile 2 of them. One was over a woman and another was when I got angry because someone parked in a way that I couldn't push start my old datson pickup. Lol, I got a free push whether I was ready to go or not. Someone above was looking after this dum dum.

Edit again: So true desertsnake. Sorry I missed your post. You must have been posting while I was posting.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't avoid the outdoors- just be careful. Smartphones and social media came mess you up if you become addicted to them.
The only thing I encountered at or near a cemetary at night was 2 friendly dogs that scared me at first. I enjoy a spooky tale, but they will take you away from reality. I'm just saying be cautiousness, not stupid like I was in the past. I know way more than I'm telling, but what good would it do to write it. Whatever is going on you can bet your bottom dollar some evil people are behind it and caused it to happen. The powers of good and evil have to work through people for things to happen.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been reports of people being killed by what authorities would call an unknown creature, unknown k-9 or a pack of wild dogs. These are violent attacks and some of the people were partially eaten.
I hope most of you are aware of the missing 411 books and podcasts out there that tell of many people going mysteriously missing without a trace in and around national and state parks and many are never found. I know that a lot of you enjoy your flashlights at night around the woods and nature.
Please be aware of your surroundings- if you get that "feeling" (of being watched and/or unwelcome-like you should leave now), if everything goes quiet, if you hear a limb or twig snap not too far away, etc, it's best to leave and maybe come back another day (or night).
The fellow that is behind those books never mentions what he thinks the culprit is and wisely so seeing there may be many different things or reasons for these disappearances. He just wants people to know what's going on because all this is being covered up by the media and national park authorities.
A lot of the missing were wearing bright clothing and red is the worst. Most were alone, but sometimes two would go missing. Also sometimes in a group hike the last one in line would go missing.
Please don't take my word for it and I'm not promoting the books either. There are a lot of youtube videos on the subject and a lot of stuff you can read free online. Just take a little time and check them out and make up your own minds and be careful around woods even if they are near your home.
So you are suggesting the same wild animals are killing people across 2,959,064.44 square miles, despite huge terrain and climate difference..... FFS :sigh:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it chickendrumstick. Many different kinds though including human ones- traffickers. A few early leaders played a role and also allister crowley and palmer after him. Those people have tapped into and allowed the forbidden. Be careful out there on the moors chickendrumstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.