The Fenix-Store        

Thread: PR based halogen bulbs

Flashaholic*

Default PR based halogen bulbs

I recently re-discovered my 2.8V / 850mA and 4V / 850mA PR base halogen bulbs... together with the small 2R10 flashlights, and the 5000mAh 21700 cells from Keeppower, that have EXACTLY the same size as those odd 2R10 batteries.

So I took an old Daimon (also available under the brand name Berec) 2R10 flashlight, removed the 2.4V PR vacuum bulb and inserted a 4V / 850mA halogen bulb

Now THAT was the best decision I could make! MAN what a light!! It outperforms a 3D Mag now... and the reflector didn't melt, even after half an hour of continuous use. Whoow, this little light suddenly is VERY usable, and has become a firm favorite of mine. Every time I switch it on, I get a huge grin on my face

For more run time, the same voltage bulbs (2.8V and 4V) are on their way to me, but with a current of 500mA. A UK based company I never heard of before (Rapid Electronics) sells these at VERY favorable prices...

Now I need those 2.5V / 500mA versions, for use with 2 NiMH cells, but these are expensive if not bought per 100 pieces.... but finally I WILL buy them!!
    Last edited by 325addict; 12-23-2020 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typos

Default Re: PR based halogen bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by 325addict View Post
    I recently re-discovered my 2.8V / 850mA and 4V / 850mA PR base halogen bulbs... together with the small 2R10 flashlights, and the 5000mAh 21700 cells from Keeppower, that have EXACTLY the same size as those odd 2R10 batteries.

So I took an old Daimon (also available under the brand name Berec) 2R10 flashlight, removed the 2.4V PR vacuum bulb and inserted a 4V / 850mA halogen bulb

Now THAT was the best decision I could make! MAN what a light!! It outperforms a 3D Mag now... and the reflector didn't melt, even after half an hour of continuous use. Whoow, this little light suddenly is VERY usable, and has become a firm favorite of mine. Every time I switch it on, I get a huge grin on my face

For more run time, the same voltage bulbs (2.8V and 4V) are on their way to me, but with a current of 500mA. A UK based company I never heard of before (Rapid Electronics) sells these at VERY favorable prices...

Now I need those 2.5V / 500mA versions, for use with 2 NiMH cells, but these are expensive if not bought per 100 pieces.... but finally I WILL buy them!!
    yea those are next to impossible to find today, i'd love to find some 5.2v 850ma halogens radioshack used to sell, they worked best in 6v lanterns, outshined krypton bulbs, and had much better focused beam

Flashaholic*

Default Re: PR based halogen bulbs

Just search online underBarthelme 01695285 for the 5.2V / 850mA variant or visit the site from rapidelectronics in the UK, here they have nearly ALL voltages and currents, in both E10 screw and P13.5s.

EDIT: just use Google and enter

Barthelme 01695285 Miniature Halogen Bulb P13.5 5.2V 850mA

Order Code: 57-6628

And you will have it in the first position of your search results.

Quote Originally Posted by alpg88 View Post
    yea those are next to impossible to find today, i'd love to find some 5.2v 850ma halogens radioshack used to sell, they worked best in 6v lanterns, outshined krypton bulbs, and had much better focused beam
    Last edited by 325addict; 12-27-2020 at 03:30 AM.