Jetbeam Jet version 1.0

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I found one of these for sale online and I was intrigued so I thought I would check it out. I was originally looking into the older AA Fenix models (L1P, L1D) that this light seems to be based off of but I could never find one of those. This light can run AA, 2AA, and 123 via adapters. This one came with the 2xAA adapter and everything works perfectly. The output I'd say is around 50 lumens on 1xAA (based on comparison with my LD11 on med) and it is a very nice pure white beam. I'm always surprised at how some of the older led technology can have such better output compared to the newer stuff. This makes my LD11 looks supremely green but I'm assuming that the XPG2 that it uses is much more efficient. I did a little runtime test and let it run about 5 hrs. Looked solid output for the first two or so and then slowly dropped. When I turned it off I'd say it was around 2 lumens and I like the fact that it will slow taper rather than shutting right off like the Microstream did that I had running along side it. Not good for an Eneloop I know, but with an Energizer Lithium or an Alkaline you'd get some low light for a long time I think. Springs in the head and the tailcap, some glow "paint" in the body grooves to better find the light in the dark, able to tail stand although a bit wobbly, and will run on a AAA battery just fine although you'd want to wrap the battery in something so it doesn't bang around so much in the tube. Really cool little light that makes me want to track down one of the older Fenix lights even more now. Plan was a nice clean catch-and-release on this light, but right now I'm not so sure. It's pretty cool. Here are a few pics and thanks again to nightshade for linking the thread about this light from 2006 when it came out.
Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

nbp

Flashaholic
The good old days. When lights had nice clean simple aesthetics and weren't covered in points and edges and fins tons of writing.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yessir. I really like the simplicity of this one. Simple design and single output. I also like the springs at the head and tail that allow use of a AAA and protect the battery a bit better.
The good old days. When lights had nice clean simple aesthetics and weren't covered in points and edges and fins tons of writing.