Flashlight for Dad on his hobby farm

Mora2015

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

My dad's birthday is coming up and I'd like to get him a nice flashlight for his hobby farm where he practically lives. He is not heavily compatible/interested in high-tech so I need to find a middle ground between simplicity and features.

Here are features that I am imagining:

- Simple, 'set and forget' functionality; he will not use it if it involves clicking five times to get to the right power level. I guess I'm imagining a lower power 'task' level and a high power 'what the hell was that' level.
- Good power/throw to assess property from a fair distance (ex., spotting coyotes)
- Reasonably weather resistant
- Rechargeable
- Not necessarily pocket sized but capable of being stashed in a coat/pants pocket for brief spurts (i.e., not gigantic); this is not a strict requirement
- Price point under ~$70 or thereabouts, if possible

Does such a light exist?

Thanks much for any thoughts, and Happy Thanksgiving!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^ if you can spare the extra bit of cash that's a good bet. It'll be a design he's probably familiar with and easy as pie to operate.

Mora2015

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip on the Maglite! Might be a bit out of budget right now but I'll keep looking at it.

desertrunner

Banned
Browning Crossfire.

brw-3365.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
What about a rotary ring flashlight? The first thing that comes to mind is the Fenix PD40R V2.0.

Do you think that design interface would work for him? You just twist the head to get it brighter. So there are multiple modes, and its dead simple. The Fenix is probably too big, and too expensive, but its the first thing that came to mind. If that interface would work, I'm sure people can suggest a good rotary flashlight in your price range.