Chargie A-Finally A USB Charge Controller With Phone Programmable Charging Parameters

BVH

Flashaholic
A simple in-line USB A charge controller. Set the parameters you want in the Android (and Apple in the near future) phone ap and then put in-line of the device you want to charge. I've heard that the standard charge Voltage termination is 4.35 on my Galaxy S10. With no Chargie device but with software running on the phone, I can see system Voltage and temp so I'll be able to reduce the "Charge Percentage" / Termination Voltage when I get the back ordered devices. It's nice to be able to back that down to 4.1 or whatever I want. There's a lot more settable parameters in the app. Download it and check it out. Each device is between $20 and $25 depending on how many you buy.

My Galaxy S10 at the moment of 100% charged = 4.334V

https://chargie.org/chargie-app/

Last edited:

john61ct

Newly Enlightened
hope the PD version coming soon, up to max V & A

And a high power DC-DC version of the Satiators please (dreaming)

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using an software alarm when the charging hits 80% for over 10 years and it`s been working fine, I have many retired phones/tablet with still good battery`s

This should have been hardware built in the phones by now as it`s been in notebooks for a few years and called a battery saver that stops the charging at a preset level, like 80 or 90%.

I will be keeping an eye on Chargie, but i doubt i will buy it.

john61ct

Newly Enlightened
Phone makers want the product to fail within a few years, just like cars

And LI batteries for that matter