HDS Systems        

Thread: Bomb Proof Dog Collar Light?

Default Bomb Proof Dog Collar Light?

Im tired of going through cheap lights for my dog. I have a 30lb shortybull that I need a light for. Shes short so shes easy to lose sight of in the woods at night. We need a rugged, solid lighted collar or light that hangs from a collar so that we can keep an eye on her at night when were in the mountains. Im open to batteries or a re-chargeable light.

thoughts?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Bomb Proof Dog Collar Light?

Zebralight H model

I used a AAA maglite solitaire on my Great Dane. Relatively cheap plenty bright and surprisingly tough.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Im looking for a passive light in the form of a fiber optic collar or pendant. I dont want a flashlight hanging from her neck. We sit around the fire all night, I dont to want to have 1000 lumens in my eye all night 😂
    Last edited by Bravo30; 11-27-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Flashaholic

your experience with the lows of a zebralight convey the lower than 1000 lumens capability of the light. i would also dare say that a aaa maglite solitare will not give 1000 lumens either. a light designed for a dogs collar can be had, but was not specified. let us know how your search ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo30 View Post
    Im looking for a passive light in the form of a fiber optic collar or pendant. I dont want a flashlight hanging from her. We sit at around the fire all night, I dont want to have 1000 lumens in my eye all night 

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    your experience with the lows of a zebralight convey the lower than 1000 lumens capability of the light. i would also dare say that a aaa maglite solitare will not give 1000 lumens either. a light designed for a dogs collar can be had, but was not specified. let us know how your search ends up.

even at 100 lumens, I dont want a flashlight beam bouncing all over the campsite at night. I have a headache now just thinking about it.

Im thinking more along the lines of this

a light designed for a dogs collar can be had, but was not specified. let us know how your search ends up.
    The thread title is literally bomb proof dog collar light

Im not trying to be an ass but I literally have a ZL SC63 in pocket right now and I use it to find firewood or flag down low flying aircraft, Id rather not have it tied to my dogs neck 😂 Im just looking for something to help me find my dog when we play ball at night. I like the glow collars cause theyre easy on the night vision but they are so cheap that they dont last more than a few weeks of hard use.

Flashaholic

which leads me back to a zl h model, as a matter of fact they have a h502pr model. have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo30 View Post
    Im not trying to be an ass but I literally have a ZL SC63 in pocket right now and I use it to find firewood or flag down low flying aircraft, Id rather not have it tied to my dogs neck  Im just looking for something to help me find my dog when we play ball at night. I like the glow collars cause theyre easy on the night vision but they are so cheap that they dont last more than a few weeks of hard use.

which leads me back to a zl h model, as a matter of fact they have a h502pr model. have a look.
    interesting light. Thank you! Im looking further into it now.

deep red is almost invisible to wildlife at night and allows interactions without causing stress to animals. Conducting research on bats and nesting sea turtles, this tiny red headlamp has proven invaluable.

Look up the Nox gear lighthound harness. They are absolutely amazing! Not sure I can post the direct link. When they say up to 1/4 mile visibility they are being conservative. Everyone on my dog park friends has purchased one of these.

not a direct link so I think this pic is ok