Garrity 3 LED Headlamp; CR2032 powered @ Walmart

LightScene

Enlightened
Edit: Although I reported earlier that this was a Dorcy headlamp, it is actually made by Garrity.

Walmart is selling a Garrity 3 LED headlamp for $10. It is very small and light-weight. It runs on 2 CR2032 lithium coin cells (3 volts ea.). I think it would be very comfortable, and probably quite bright. I wonder what the run-time would be.

Cheap to buy, expensive to use ?, easy to carry, comfortable to use, very convenient to carry spare batteries. Since the batteries are lithium, they provide their own regulation by putting out almost 3 volts until they are shot.

The batteries can be obtained on eBay for less than a dollar each delivered.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Dorcy 3 LED Headlamp; CR2032 powered @ Walmar

Batterystation has 2032's for 50 cents each. They had some for 30 cents each but those are apparently gone now. You can get them for even less than that in large quantity though.

LightScene

Enlightened

Factor in a minimum shipping charge of $7.00 at batterystation.com, and your "savings" start to disappear.

It's more useful to state the delivered cost rather than the advertised cost.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I had one. It HOOVERED (nice way of saying it did oral vacuum). Not reliable and not very bright.

I really would pass this by if y'all are thinking of buying one...

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kevin is NOT a gouger on shipping charges. I've had him ship button cells to me in an envelope. If you get something that needs to go in a box and it's going to a residence, then UPS has stiff minimum charges. I was surprised to recently discover that UPS charges are different depending on if they are shipped to a business or residential address. (Business is cheaper)

Kram

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I bought one of these. Despite PBJS's bad experience with one, I found that I like it. It is not terribly bright, but it's bright enough for any around-the-house use. It provides a diffuse, general lighting in front of you. You can adjust it's angle just by rotating the body of the light in its housing (I thought a clever, reliable trick). It is lightweight and comfortable. It is also dimmable and has a flash mode.

The Energizer headlamp is a bit brighter, but produces a focused beam, which (to me) is less useful for a headlamp. The Streamlight cliplight (which also uses 3 LEDs) is brighter, but heavier and not as versatile.

I'm not sure how it would hold up for outside, heavy duty use, but for casual use it seems to be adequate. Overall, I like it.

Mark

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My main fault with it was the switch became useless within a day or two.

The Energizer can be tamed with a bit of Writeright or Scotch Tape. I use one to read in bed very often.

Kram

Newly Enlightened
Must be the luck of the draw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif This is definitely not a heavy duty type light, but so far I've had no problems. It is cheap, compact and comfortable.

Mark

Avix

Newly Enlightened
Re: Garrity 3 LED Headlamp; CR2032 powered @ Walm

we like ours. decent light for working on pipes under the sink, directing more light on a motherboard or stumbling down the hall at 0 dark 30 on the way to the little dragons room (and not wakeing up the spoucal unit). first light I grabbed when the power went out at 04:30 last time. (let me keep my hands free while) and cheap enough to hand off to someone on the side of the road with a flat.