Driver busted for using flashlights as car headlight...

markr6

Flashaholic
Re: Driver busted for using flashlight as car headlight...

The car appears to have had significant prior front-end damage

When you're in a hit-and-run and can't take it to a body shop due to the paper trail.

Definitely not a CPF member by looking at those junk lights.

1996alnl2

Newly Enlightened

Probably performed better than the stock halogens on that Chevy:whistle:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Funny, back when I was still on the FD and we had our old new engine my helmet light (surefire G2X) actually did provide better visibility than the OE sealed beams.

ghostguy6

Enlightened

Still better than the stock headlights on my F150. The original 2d maglite LED throws better than those things.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

I needed a good laugh!

But I do agree with others, that may have been an upgrade for the Bowtie! :whistle:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm guessing this is someone who mainly drives at night, and figured it would fool any officers glancing at his car from quite away. Front end looks like it's probably a Chevy Sonic, or Aveo. Seriously, how cheap can you be to not get the front end of your ultra cheap Chevy model fixed up?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

When you're in a hit-and-run and can't take it to a body shop due to the paper trail.

lol, of course you can. just pay for repairs. you do not have to explain the bodyshop how the damage occurred,

markr6

Flashaholic

lol, of course you can. just pay for repairs. you do not have to explain the bodyshop how the damage occurred,

Cash, crisp $100 bills, all sequential :)

More of a "have you done any work on a black 2013 Impala recently" type deal from the police.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cash, crisp $100 bills, all sequential :)

More of a "have you done any work on a black 2013 Impala recently" type deal from the police.

so what? you can get such bills from any bank. and if police asks, the shop will say yes we did. I'm a part owner of a repair\body shop for over a decade, but what do i know, tell us more.
from my experience, this car will not be fixed. 99% it wont be, it will be junked when it stops running, i can see around 3-4 grand in repairs, just by looking at this pic, the car isn't worth that much. best case, he'll get some headlight from a junk yard, not necessarily from impala, lots of duct tape to hold them in place, and that is it. i've seen it.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Ouch, I see my sarcasm is not wanted here. Retreating...

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

lol, yea, your sarcasm isn't obvious, lol, but now that i know it is , it is pretty funny how i reacted, lol