Which light for AR

Mikeltee

Newly Enlightened
Looking for an 18650 thats mountable and can use a pressure pad. What do you guys think?

Mikeltee

Newly Enlightened
What's your budget

Over the past decade I've probably dropped over 5k here but fast forward 10 years now have 4 kids. Whats my best option for under 200 and under 300 so I can compare and contrast. If there's something that's more thats a must have maybe I can sell one of these old school v54s. Lol

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly if you absolutely want to go with a vinh product for an AR mounted weapon light just get one of his drop ins and get him to pot it for you so you don't have to worry about recoil. Buy a host of your choice and good to go.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of Vinh's drop ins in a 6p with a tape switch sounds about right. If you're gonna shoot that thing 24 hours a day 7 days a week, it should be an elzetta

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
edit: I just noticed this was on Vinh's Subforum, if you want something from him, I highly recommend like Agin said trying out some of his dropins- you can even get them potted. They make next-level duty lights with VN4. I have a G25C2vn with a W2 and SBT90, both would be stellar WMLs and VN4 still works with the Eagtac remote switch.

Vinh as a matter of fact has a Scout light up right now with a pretty great price and will be top notch performance, I would 100% go for that (no really, I would if I didn't just buy two other WMLs.....)

Cheap as possible but still reliable- Streamlight Protac HL-X

$200 ish- right now there are Surefire scout lights on sale for about this price and I would 100% pick this easily over the Streamlight (link)

$300 ish- Again Surefire scout, or Arisaka Defense 2 cell body with a Malkoff E2XT head.

Other options- grab any standard 1" universal light mount, a Surefire 6p or Malkoff MD2, and a M61/ M61T dropin can be assembled for around $150 and be a bomb-proof super reliable setup with options to add and change parts further down the road.

My AR15 uses a Surefire M962 w/ MDM4 and M91T currently, going to try a Scout DFT as a smaller setup.

My 870 uses a Surefire 618LMG Foreend and M61N dropin.

Sig P226 has a SF x300u-A, Glock 21 with Streamlight TLR-1HS

Last edited: