• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Boo to Dody02

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dody02

user-offline.png

UnenlightenedJoin DateJun 2020Posts6

[h=2]
icon1.png
HDS titanium clicky[/h]
Hello mate I have the HDS titanium clicky In excellent condition for sale if still interested thanks.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/CdZ6X43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk​

so this guy contacted me and stated he had a light that I was looking for. So I asked a few questions and sent payment via Venmo to Hector Torres from he said South Dakota. We it's been a week and no contact on here of email. He has been active here so be cautious.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
WTB forum threads are pretty common scam bait these days, I'm afraid.
I've probably rec'd scammer offers from over half the WTB threads I've posted on various forums.

As PSM mentions, a pretty good start is to google the email address; often a scam trail elsewhere can be uncovered.

Edit: I just read that other forum thread; CW please reply with a 'no news' update here, and we can ban the scammer account.
Best regards,

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Come on folks (membership in general; not you CW, my apologies); the only posts this user had over his 6-month membership term is in four different Wanted-To-Buy threads ?

And of course after that, he gets PM privileges so he can fish without leaving as much of a trail.
It's not like the only thing he'd bring to CPF is some magical bag of hard-to-find flashlight parts.

I'd guess that prior members might have smelled something - please feel free to query CPF staff on things such as this so we check things out; we're here to help. :eek:

Dody2 banned, probable scammer; sorry CW.

Last edited: