• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V5.1 Battery Examination Application Question

FlyGuyLuciferin

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I am not sure if this application was available with V5, but in v5.1 there is a battery examination application accessed with pin 113. It is a load test that, once completed, gives you between 1 and 5 flash rating of your battery with 1 being the worst and 5 being excellent. I thought it would be a handy tool to determine when my older batteries are on the way out.

The only battery I had was an older AW 18350, so I tried it and got 3 flashes. I purchased 3 new 1200 mah Keeppower 18350s, supposedly the best out there, and after a full charge the new cells still only get 3 flashes from the test. Any thoughts on what that could mean? I assume they are fine, but wondering why I'm only getting 3 flashes. Is there a difference in what I would see with an 18350 cell vs 18650? With a 1200 mah vs 700? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the difficulty. Unfortunately, the 113 pin has not passed our (OR/TL) quality control process and is not an official feature to be announced and supported. You'll need to check with lux rc directly as to its uses and behaviors.

Last edited: