An RIP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Looking at the list of threads here in the off topic section there are a slew of RIP threads in recent history. Holy cow we lost a bunch of greats this year. Musicians, actors, war hero's, great minds, etc. The list was long this year.

I wondered if we shouldn't have an RIP thread kind of like a memorial wall instead of a bunch of individual threads.
Thoughts?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many people are going to regularly check an RIP thread? You all are the ones that let me know first who has passed, and it is appreciated. No hard feelings either way.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still bummed about Woodswalker passing..

Kitro, when you're over 60 yrs age reading the obituaries happens often

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
RIP Ginger the pug-lador-beagle I rescued 15 years ago. She fought off countless UPS delivery people, the AC man, meter readers and the occasional dog that made the mistake of entering her territory.
It was time.
Her ashes will be placed in a coffee can and buried next to lizards George and Marvin. In lieu of flowers please donate to your local rescue group or dog pound. Rescue dogs are cool too.

markr6

Flashaholic
I am still bummed about Woodswalker passing..

I was just going to mention that. I only watched a couple of his videos in the past, so I've been watching them more now to catch up. I really enjoy the hot tent trips since I just got into that last winter.

Empath

Flashaholic
I don't believe we should restrict either method of honoring those we lose. There's no problem with a generic thread noting the passing of someone significant to us. There are times though, the loss of someone seems personally, or as a group, worthy of their own titled thread.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
RIP Charlie Pride.
He served his country, played baseball as a pro in the other league when only whites were allowed in the MLB. He worked in a factory for a while and at 59 became a country music star who recorded 29 number 1 hits.
He was 86 when he succumbed to complications from Covid-19.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
please keep betty whit safe! she is one of my fav humans .she still is funny as hect

bykfixer

Flashaholic
RIP C'Mor. My oldest brother.
He taught me things my parents may have shot him over. But he also taught me a lot of good things too. In the end we weren't very close. Simply put I became the person he taught me I could be. I spread my wings and flew far away while he stayed in his comfy place. So in hindsight I doubt either of us would change a thing.

He went in his sleep with his only child next to him. He had everything but covid-19 wrong with him but in the end his heart beat that one last time and that was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.