Flashlight Recommendation to

TomALong

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

In the UK and basically looking for a new LED flashlight to replace my Inova T4 which I have misplaced (and sure to find the moment I purchase a new light but technology has moved on and I am sure I can do better).

Would like to purchase online, and preferable from a UK/European retailer but not opposed to US retailers that will ship international at reasonable rates. So after model recommendations rather than specific retailers. Price up to 200 USD/GBP equivalent.

My Main criteria are;

* 200 to 300 Lumens sustained for 30 minutes or more. Preferable with a battery life of a couple of hours but not a deal breaker as can recharge each evening.
* About 6 to 7 inches in length. Intend to carry in a bag but would like something that can be pocketed in a large jacket.
* Would prefer tail cap rather than side switch for what its worth but not a deal breaker.
* Intended use is outdoors in areas with no street lighting but not 'wilderness' to avoid puddles and other obstacles so do not need a massive throw.
* Ether rechargeable or able to use rechargeable batteries but not married to a certain type.
* Any quality manufacturer considered.
* Will be carried more than used and not in harsh environments but I am clumsy so will need to be reasonable durable and usable in the rain.
* No requirements for SOS, Strobe, or other features but not a deal breaker.
* The simpler the UI the better, I would prefer just a few clicks to desired brightness.

I have a key chain flashlight so do not need an ultra low mode.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two recommendations really. Maybe three.

Olight Warrior Mini

Wowtac A7

Olight M2R original...not the new Pro

The top two are quite small and compact but can put out a LOT of light. I own both of the top two and the non-rechargeable tailcap version of the bottom one. All three see time as my primary EDC both at and away from work.

Things have really improved since you purchased your Inova...both output and runtimes have gone up significantly. Two to three hundred lumens is now somewhere in the middle to near the low end of most newer flashlights and most can run for several hours at that level.

The Warrior mini has a two stage tailswitch to get low then high output. With a sideswitch to access moonlight in addition to the other modes including a strobe that is hidden behind a triple click. The Wowtac's sideswitch has to be held to get strobe, otherwise it's just access to moonlight, low, medium, high, turbo. The M2R/M2T have a two stage tail switch that when held all the way activates strobe but otherwise is just turbo output. The sideswitch on those two is where you access lower outputs.

The Mini uses an Olight proprietary cell and cannot operate on a normal 18650.
The A7 uses a hi drain cell but any 18650 works.
The M2R uses an Olight proprietary cell but only for the built in charging function, the light otherwise works with any 18650.
The M2T has no built in charging ability, and so functions with any 18650 that fits.

Last edited: