Malkoff        

Thread: Surefire Rechargeable Batteries

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Default Surefire Rechargeable Batteries

Can you use the Surefire rechargeable lithium phosphate batteries in McGizmo lights? Don, I think you told me to use protected rechargeable batteries only, and I do not know if the Surefire batteries are protected, or even recommend for use in our McGiz lights.

Thank you,

RL
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Default Re: Surefire Rechargeable Batteries

The HIVE converter does have a low voltage shutoff and is programmed to shut off when a LI-Ion battery does get too low but the other converters do not have this feature and would require the rechargeable battery to shut down before depleting too much. The batteries will work in the lights but they could be damaged if not protected.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Don, this in a 3S LE.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Red then the battery needs to have its own low voltage shut off or you will damage it if you run it too long.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Don, this in a 3S LE.
    I use the K2 Energy equivalent occasionally with my 3S converters, not a problem at all. The light will step down before you've dropped to a voltage that'll give the battery any problems.
    I wouldn't hesitate with your Surefire branded ones.