Anybody in Europe got an ARC AAA yet?

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I've been reading so much good about this light that I would want one myself.

Anybody got a good address of a dealer shipping to Europe? A European dealer would probably be even better.

Thanks folks. you guys are
cool.gif

Luca

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure of any dealer in Europe, but does anyone know of any dealers in Canada ?

thanks,

Sylvestor.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t think there are any European-based dealers of Arc lights yet but it`s only a matter of time (Peter?) but I do know that the Arc company themselves sell directly and ship overseas- their online ordering system happily accepts foreign orders. Not the best prices (they recently put the shipping costs up too
frown.gif
), mr G himself openly suggests you buy from a dealer instead. But it`s convenient if nothing else.

Otherwise if you fancy shopping around, take a look in the "dealers" secton of http://arcflashlight.com and contact each of those who are featured there and ask them. Most will accpet credit card orders from overseas, even if their online ordering system doesn`t seem to take overseas orders directly.

grin.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luca:
I've been reading so much good about this light that I would want one myself.

Anybody got a good address of a dealer shipping to Europe?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No dealer in Europe now, but I'm working on it. I think all of the dealers now ship to Europe.

arab

Enlightened
I have an AAA and am delighted with it. Shipping it to Ireland was the only difficulty with the torch. The problem was with the cost of shipping such a physically small and light package - it was going to cost $20!!!
After I emailed Peter Gransee he immediately sorted this out, but I fear this ended up costing him money. I have 2 conclusions to draw from my experiences:
smile.gif
Peter Gransee and his ARC company offer a level of customer service which is unsurpassed by **any** other company in **any** other sector in my experience. Almost unbelievably good!
mad.gif
Shipping companies in the States don't understand the world outside the USA! One of the shipping companies quoted a vastly more expensive price for delivery to Ireland compared to the UK. We share a land border with the UK!!! As both countries are between 3-4000 miles from the USA (depending on exact locations) and both are in Europe, this makes no sense at all. Realistically, I would not want to pay much more than $5 to ship a $20 light - even it this meant it took longer to ship.

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
Hi Arab,

I have to agree with you that most US based companies offer very reasonable prices within the American continent, but offer very high prices when it comes to shipping outside of their own territories. The main reason for this, I think is the widespread use of shipping companies instead of the good old post.

Those companies and shipping with them is very common in the US, but not in Europe.

How long do we have to wait for really competitive international prices...
frown.gif

Example: Bright Guy offers to ship an ARC AAA to me for 45USD (shipping cost alone) in comparison to 18USD charged by Arclight themselves. Amazing isn't it? Big hurray for Arclight company!!
grin.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arab:
. Shipping it to Ireland was the only difficulty with the torch. The problem was with the cost of shipping such a physically small and light package - it was going to cost $20<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I had the same experience several times. There are companies who charge for shipping within the US some $10 or maybe less and much. much more for shipping abrod. The only difference for them would be that postage is about one buck higher (for one or two Arc AAA).
Fortunately I have some vendors over there which I now personally and who do not want an additional dollar on me.

Besides that: How much customs and taxes are usually added to your orders? And is there a limit below which they do not charge anything?
We usually had the limit at around 1000 ATS, ~70 €. But now they seem to put a charge also on the smallest parcels.

arab

Enlightened
As I live in Europe (Ireland) and now own 2 ARC AAAs (Regular and LE) I feel qualified to fully answer this point:

smile.gif
My ARC AAA was purchased directly from ARC's own website www.arcflashlight.com and cost me $29.95/IEP£27.21/Euro34.55
grin.gif
The ARC AAA LE was purchased from Texas Tactical Supply's website http://www.texastacticalsupply.com and cost me $29.99/IEP£25.93/Euro32.92

Both prices above include all delivery charges. I was not charged any import duty on either torch.

My conclusion is that anybody wanting an ARC AAA in Europe should get it from Texas Tactical Supply. There are 4 reasons for this recommendation:
1) Their basic prices for the torches are less than ARC's. For the regular AAA, it's $18.99 V's ARC's $24.95 and for the LE, it's $25.99 V's ARC's $34.95
2) They understand how to ship to Europe. My LE was sent with "Global Priority Mail - United States Postal Service" and this cost $4 and took under 2 weeks to be delivered. Alternatives would cost about $20
3) The service was straightforward and efficient. All my emails were responded to and I was kept up to date of the order status.
4) The contact at Texas Tactical Supply is a member on this forum - TTS

I would like to stress that this should in no way be viewed as a criticism of ARC. All my dealings with ARC and Peter himself were thoroughly professional and all my emails were answered promptly. Indeed Peter lost money in the deal because of a mix up in shipping options. I believe that I have seen Peter comment in these pages that he is happy to let his dealers supply his lights - it gives him more time to concentrate on their design and manufacture!

Alan Rabbitte

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeLu:
No dealer in Europe now, but I'm working on it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the dealer I hoped to convince decided not to take the Arc Lights. He thinks with all the duties and taxes, the rpoducts will be too expensive here.

Latest posts