• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready BOSS 35 Issues

vph0107

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, never posted on the Oveready forum before, but I'm just lost as to what problem I could be facing right now. So I have a BOSS 35 in aluminum here, that will not turn on. Strange, because it worked just fine for probably about 3 weeks up until just recently. I first noticed an issue when the red secondary would flicker really quickly, despite it being disabled or rather, not programmed. Then a day later, I couldn't get it to turn on at all. I tried swapping batteries, cleaning the threads, then using a bit of nano oil to lube the threads, even connecting a battery using a wire to see if the switch could've gone bad, but no dice. The thing is, I noticed that when I insert the battery into the light, and attempt to use it like normal, it does heat up, albeit with no light coming out the front. Any ideas? I did reach out to Oveready via the "contact us" option on the website, and I know its a small operation, so the response time won't always be the quickest, so no worries on that end. For what it is worth, I tried a Vapcell 18350, a Keeppower 18350, and an Efest 18350, all IMR chemistry. As far as I can tell, it has to be a driver or contact issue, as direct connection made no difference, the switch seems fine, the threads are cleaned and lubed, so on.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the Bounce setting if it is causing the prob.... Otherwise, contact Oveready, they will take care of it. Good luck.

MrMurds

Newly Enlightened
Check the Bounce setting if it is causing the prob.... Otherwise, contact Oveready, they will take care of it. Good luck.

Good call here. Not saying it's correct but I had this with a dirty lens kept tripping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vph0107

Newly Enlightened
I should've been clearer when I said the red Secondary hasn't been programmed, but I mean the bounce was set to off and the red LED wasn't programmed to turn on regularly either. Also, wouldn't the red LED turn on if there was a dirty lens triggering the bounce option?

elzilcho

Enlightened
I had an almost identical problem, also with an aluminum version. It had to be sent back for repair.

Last edited:

vph0107

Newly Enlightened
I had an almost identical problem, also with an aluminum version. It had to be sent back for repair.

That's what I'm thinking for mine too at this point, can't think of any other possibilities.

nbp

Flashaholic
If it's getting hot with no light I would think there has to be a short in the circuit somewhere.

vph0107

Newly Enlightened
If it's getting hot with no light I would think there has to be a short in the circuit somewhere.

That makes a lot of sense, but I can't imagine something shifted in the driver to cause that to happen. The design of the body leaves little room for any shorting outside of the driver.

vph0107

Newly Enlightened
An IC component could have failed and shorted.

I suppose that's true. Regardless it seems the only way I'll be able to get this worked out is by contacting Oveready. Was hoping it would've been something simple and easy I overlooked, but can't win them all I guess.