What kind of mini EDC flashlight do you like?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
XTAR plans to make a new mini keychain light. We are collecting suggestions here. Upon your personal preferences, what are the features of your ideal mini EDC flashlight?

For example:
  • Size: To fit comfortably on your hands, what's the suitable size you prefer?
  • Output level: how many lumens output are enough?
  • Lighting mode: what kind of lighting modes do you like? Should memory function be added?
  • Power source: built-in rechargeable AA or AAA powered flashlight or other suggestion?
  • UI design: what the interfaces and controls do you like?
  • Carry options: With pocket clip, lanyard, magnetic tail cap or ...?

Welcome to share your views. Maybe your suggestions will be adopted on this new light! :)

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
Size - small enough to fit sideways at the bottom of my jeans pocket.
Output level - 500 turbo on high, super low half a lumen on low.
Modes - 50 lumen steps to a couple 100, with memory
Power source - rechargeable through the case batteries, usb c plug to charge so there's no up or down side orientation to worry about
UI - several buttons and lockout button or slider to prevent turning on in my pocket, lcd screen with read outs for lumen levels, run times, and charging. Ideally, no manual is needed to use it.
Carry - chain with clip to put on and take off key ring

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
For me, a minilight is 1xAA or smaller, so I'll go with that baseline. Anything bigger is just a regular light IMO.

Size: 1xAAA up to 1xAA, not any bigger or bulkier;
Output level: max should be above 100, the more the better;
Lighting mode: Moonlight (up to 0.5lm), low (5 to 20lm), high (as many lumens as possible, like I said). LMH progression, yes to memory;
Power source: both NiMH and Li-ion, removable battery all day every day, it's sturdier and more reliable;
UI design: either an electronic side switch or a mechanical clicky tail one. If electronic, ABSOLUTELY NO PRESS AND HOLD except for activating moonlight mode!
Carry options: I'm very partial to pocket clips, but if it has a side switch, a magnetic tail is always welcome.