Helmet mounted light

gruntmedik1

Newly Enlightened
New guy here, please be gentle.

I am a Flight Paramedic, and need a helmet mounted light. The aircraft has limited light in the patient compartment, and is not always enough. I have an Olight Perun Mini that I got specifically because it came with a velcro attachment that I have mounted on my helmet. It swivels up/down, but not enough. Can't really relocate the mount, as it would interfere with the NVG mount. A mic boom lip light doesn't provide enough brightness.

Are there any other options you can think of?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really familiar with that type of helmet application but doesnt streamlight make a couple helmet mounted lights designed for various helmets? My other thought would be something like an LRI Photon (I, II, Freedom) with some velcro tape.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say any headlamp flashlight holder can be mounted to helmets. Either by removable velcro hook'n loop. Or a more permanent way, I've seen some local power company workers who epoxy glued the silicone holder right onto front of hard hats

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if they'll provide as much light as you want, but have a look at the Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II or the Princeton Tech Charge Pro. They're both designed for helmets and come with for a few kinds of mount each.

gruntmedik1

Newly Enlightened
I'll look into the Streamlight offerings.

Anything I use will have to be a temporary attachment to the helmet. While it is mine, per se, the company owns it.