H7 Led with 5000 Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

So I have a Subaru Outback 2010 model which I want to upgrade to LED later down the road.
I have previous experience upgrading my previous car to a H4 LED with 5700 Kelvin, but that felt just a bit to white for my taste, so I want to go for 5000K this time.
Problem is finding a H7 with 5000K is extremely hard. I've spent a few hours at this point and my results have only yielded cheap Chinese LED or Ukrainian/Russian (which does not seem to ship outside of those countries) results.

The other results is of course for sockets that is not H7. :banghead:

So I guess I have a few options;
1. Get the Ukranian/Russian dealer to ship to my country (Sweden)
2. Somehow convert my H7 socket to another socket where I can buy a 5000K version (Is this even possible?)
3. Or lastly somehow find a H7 5000K led that I simply haven't uncovered.

Are there solutions on anything above that any of you can think of? Or perhaps there is something I've missed, any help at all would be wonderful.

I've also been able to find 4000K H7 lights and one 4300K, only issue here is I want my headlights to sync up colour wise with a future LED-bar upgrade, and I've not been able to find anything around that colour range.
But perhaps 4300K or 4000K would not be too awful if paired with 5000K?

That is all I can think of to post for now. If you have any question regarding any of this just ask away!
Have a wonderful day/evening! :wave:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Hej hej!

"LED bulbs" in halogen headlamps are illegal in Sweden, just like they're illegal in every other developed country, with very few exceptions, none of which apply to you. And no matter what country you're in, they are unsafe. There's a detailed takedown here), and practical demonstration by instrumented test here shows that even the latest-type "LED bulbs" still don't reach the performance levels provided by good halogen bulbs.

Rule 11 of this board prohibits advocating illegal or dangerous activity, so the easy and correct answer here is no.

Instead of focusing on color temperature, which is not very relevant except as a personal preference, put your focus on the factors that actually matter: the actual performance of the headlamps in terms of amount and distribution of light. You can easily have an excellent upgrade for your low and high beam headlamps (go talk to Daniel Stern), but it will not involve "LED bulbs".

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

So I have a Subaru Outback 2010 model which I want to upgrade to LED later down the road.
If a 2010 or other model year Outback has a factory LED option that fits your vehicle, it's an expensive, but legal, option.

I have previous experience upgrading my previous car to a H4 LED with 5700 Kelvin, but that felt just a bit to white for my taste, so I want to go for 5000K this time.
There is no legal H4-sized LED drop-in for any vehicle in Sweden using the H4 bulb.

So I guess I have a few options;
1. Get the Ukranian/Russian dealer to ship to my country (Sweden)
No.

2. Somehow convert my H7 socket to another socket where I can buy a 5000K version (Is this even possible?)
No.

3. Or lastly somehow find a H7 5000K led that I simply haven't uncovered.
No.

Are there solutions on anything above that any of you can think of? Or perhaps there is something I've missed, any help at all would be wonderful.
As before, if there is a factory LED Outback headlamp assembly, switch to that. It's the only way.

I've also been able to find 4000K H7 lights and one 4300K, only issue here is I want my headlights to sync up colour wise with a future LED-bar upgrade, and I've not been able to find anything around that colour range.
But perhaps 4300K or 4000K would not be too awful if paired with 5000K?
Headlamps are not fashion toys. They don't need to match any other lamps on the vehicle. They don't even need to match each other so long as both produce white light.

Halogen bulbs are about 3000-3450K depending on the metallurgy and fill gas. Higher CCT than that is made by tinting the envelope, reducing output.

Status
Not open for further replies.