PR based halogen bulbs

325addict

Enlightened
I recently re-discovered my 2.8V / 850mA and 4V / 850mA PR base halogen bulbs... together with the small 2R10 flashlights, and the 5000mAh 21700 cells from Keeppower, that have EXACTLY the same size as those odd 2R10 batteries.

So I took an old Daimon (also available under the brand name Berec) 2R10 flashlight, removed the 2.4V PR vacuum bulb and inserted a 4V / 850mA halogen bulb :devil:

Now THAT was the best decision I could make! MAN what a light!! It outperforms a 3D Mag now... and the reflector didn't melt, even after half an hour of continuous use. Whoow, this little light suddenly is VERY usable, and has become a firm favorite of mine. Every time I switch it on, I get a huge grin on my face :D

For more run time, the same voltage bulbs (2.8V and 4V) are on their way to me, but with a current of 500mA. A UK based company I never heard of before (Rapid Electronics) sells these at VERY favorable prices...

Now I need those 2.5V / 500mA versions, for use with 2 NiMH cells, but these are expensive if not bought per 100 pieces.... but finally I WILL buy them!!

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently re-discovered my 2.8V / 850mA and 4V / 850mA PR base halogen bulbs... together with the small 2R10 flashlights, and the 5000mAh 21700 cells from Keeppower, that have EXACTLY the same size as those odd 2R10 batteries.

So I took an old Daimon (also available under the brand name Berec) 2R10 flashlight, removed the 2.4V PR vacuum bulb and inserted a 4V / 850mA halogen bulb :devil:

Now THAT was the best decision I could make! MAN what a light!! It outperforms a 3D Mag now... and the reflector didn't melt, even after half an hour of continuous use. Whoow, this little light suddenly is VERY usable, and has become a firm favorite of mine. Every time I switch it on, I get a huge grin on my face :D

For more run time, the same voltage bulbs (2.8V and 4V) are on their way to me, but with a current of 500mA. A UK based company I never heard of before (Rapid Electronics) sells these at VERY favorable prices...

Now I need those 2.5V / 500mA versions, for use with 2 NiMH cells, but these are expensive if not bought per 100 pieces.... but finally I WILL buy them!!

yea those are next to impossible to find today, i'd love to find some 5.2v 850ma halogens radioshack used to sell, they worked best in 6v lanterns, outshined krypton bulbs, and had much better focused beam

325addict

Enlightened
Just search online underBarthelme 01695285 for the 5.2V / 850mA variant or visit the site from rapidelectronics in the UK, here they have nearly ALL voltages and currents, in both E10 screw and P13.5s.

EDIT: just use Google and enter

[h=1]Barthelme 01695285 Miniature Halogen Bulb P13.5 5.2V 850mA[/h]Order Code: [h=2]57-6628[/h]
And you will have it in the first position of your search results.

yea those are next to impossible to find today, i'd love to find some 5.2v 850ma halogens radioshack used to sell, they worked best in 6v lanterns, outshined krypton bulbs, and had much better focused beam

Last edited: