6AA Energizer DoubleBarrel

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
This site was a co-find by myself and napalm-2002 (we both found it the same night). It has the 6AA Energizer DoubleBarrel flashlights that are so rare but at a pretty steep price. It just sucks that I'm so broke right now that I can't afford to purchase one…

Gandalf

Enlightened
What *really* pisses me off is that I saw a 6AA Doulble Barrel Energizer on ebay a few weeks ago; before I joined the forum. I almost bid on it, because it was such a novelty, and came with the batteries. But, I decided not to, at the last minute. It sold for about $11, plus shipping. Damn!
FWIW: I remember seeing those lights in Home Depot several years ago, and I remember them as being quite expensive... Probably about the same price as escodatasystems.com is selling them for. And, they *are* out of production, now, unfortunately.
shocked.gif

kb0rrg

Enlightened
What is the story on the the double barrel lights? Are they tough? Bright? I have seen them in the stores, but never played with one.

Xenon

Enlightened
I don't know about the double AA to compare but I have the double AAA barrel type. And yes they are tough and quite bright for a AAA flashlight. The focusable spot beam is also good. Can use 2AAA or 4AAA batteries to run this baby. Silent switch too.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found... 6AA Double Barrel for $18...
Longs Drug Store in the Los Angeles Area (since first "discovered" two days ago, have now seen in three of their stores)

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kb0rrg:
What is the story on the the double barrel lights? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They claimed very high efficiency for their bulbs, they were in between 16 and 21 lm/W, which would have been excellent for this size. They are high pressure halogen, probably Xenon.
But somebody tested the bulbs in a lap sphere and told me that they are overrated. They are just no more than other good small halogen bulbs (like Osram).