2009 G8 GT

Sadden

Enlightened
Hello i just purchased a new too me 2009 G8 gt. Im doing an H11 too H9 swap on the lowbeams and leaving the highbeams alone with the oem H9s.

The foglamps use a bulb im not familiar with (looks like its shared with the gmc 1500s in some model years)

Whats this bulbs actual description and what is the best upgrade for these.

Enlightened
I dont have an answer but I had a G8 for a few years and really miss it. Awesome cars.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The fog lamps are entirely useless -- they cannot possibly provide any useful light; they are a fashion accessory and nothing more. They use a 24-watt PS24W bulb. There is no (real, effective) upgrade. Best thing you can do with your "fog lights" is leave them switched off 100% of the time.

Make sure the lamps on the car are aimed correctly, especially with your H9 upgrade in the low beams.

Sadden

Enlightened
In that case ill delete them and either turn them too cooling ducts for the brakes or put something like the hella micro DE there instead.

Thanks the lowbeams were aimed with a headlamp aligner we use at work for our CVIPs. The drive home was downright scary. Both headlamps were aimed so high they were utterly useless.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If you're into custom-mounting aftermarket fog lamps, you might ping (guess! guess again! LOL) Dan Stern about what's good lately.

Sadden

Enlightened
I found 2 options these and these.

I suspect both of these are better foglamps than the stock ones. Performance wise is there anything that should swing me one way or the other? The 90mm will maintain an oem look, while i think the projector style will look sharp with the oem projector lowbeams. But i care more about objective performance than aesthetics.

Theres always the morimoto junk but i want something legitimately usefull...

Just found these, and while im not a huge fan of LED foglamps (i dont like when they ice up) these are plug and play and i can get them with a selective yellow lense right out of the gate.

Last edited: