Fellas who does light customisations these days?

mickb

Enlightened
I used to get some lights by Randy at Pflexpro and hearing he is out of business(?) wondered if who else in similar class and price is out there these days. Any suggestions welcomed!

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
good question, I would like to know the same.
its been ages randy has gone away.
one of the best-i hope he is ok.
thanks.

nbp

Flashaholic
Moved to Builders and Modders. It might help to describe what sort of mods you need done and what flashlights you are working with.

mickb

Enlightened
good question, I would like to know the same.
its been ages randy has gone away.
one of the best-i hope he is ok.
thanks.

Is it known why he closed up shop and whether he is still around? I used to email him my bizarre requests when I was working in the middle east. Very helpful guy.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read about him working on a big contract, and will return after that, or something like that ( on his page ).
I do hope he returns!.

If it was confirmed I wouldnt be asking what happened to him :) All I know is he isnt open for the same business he once was.

mickb

Enlightened
Okay definitely not closed shop then, just not taking orders like before. Thanks for the clarification, good to know.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am not aware of any updates since the last post in the following thread ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?456753-PFlexPro-Site-Down-Temporarily

Rather than speculate on that further here, this thread may more usefully address other modding options.

Without knowing more specifics of your needs, it is difficult to advise. In terms of offering a very broad range of modding services and significant technical ability, you may wish to look further into the V54 subforum, as well.

mickb

Enlightened
thanks archimedes, sorry got sidetracked about Pflexpro. Id like something in lightweight 25mm straight-sided( or however to say head same size as body) protected 18650 based, remote pressure switch compatible, recoil proof(low recoil only, not shotgun), weight around 3oz, 1000-1500 lumens, a reflector to get 22 KCD lux , no fancy functions needed, this light will spend its whole life being turned on at 100% and off again. Lastly, a fraction of surefire price. :) At the moment considering one of the off the shelf higher power Convoy S2+ 'osram'(?) if nothing else suits. But would be prepared to pay 100 USD or so.

Last edited: